Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 14-01-20, 10:44 PM
News Guru

One purchase and a few upcoming projects.

Purchase - Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer

Reason - I want to explore 3D printing, and hopefully it will present some creative modding opportunities. Should make for a good medium-term tinker project.

The Ender 3 has a lot of fan support, so it should make getting into 3D printing easy. It probably won't be long before some of my D&D buddies want to try making miniatures.

Project 1 - New Office Rig

I received this beautiful case last week (from JamesRiley94) during CES. It will become the home of the OC3D news rig, and hopefully, I will be able to think of some creative mods to add some extra flair to the system. Step 1 may be the addition of a PSU Shroud.

Project 2 - Home Server

I'll be honest. I've had the parts sitting around for this for months. I hope to start the build process soon. A lot of factors have kept me busy recently. I hope to get this to run FreeNAS and act as a plex media server and general file server.

Hopefully saying all this here will help get me started.

Old 15-01-20, 01:22 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post

Reason - I want to explore 3D printing, and hopefully it will present some creative modding opportunities. Should make for a good medium-term tinker project.

The Ender 3 has a lot of fan support, so it should make getting into 3D printing easy. It probably won't be long before some of my D&D buddies want to try making miniatures.

Project 1 - New Office Rig

I received this beautiful case last week (from JamesRiley94) during CES. It will become the home of the OC3D news rig, and hopefully, I will be able to think of some creative mods to add some extra flair to the system. Step 1 may be the addition of a PSU Shroud.

Idea for you, As you now have access to a 3D printer, How about eventually making OC3D items ? You could have them as an extra source of income for the channel or to buy new things for your office, Stuff like OC3D coasters, OC3D keychains etc... would be immense and I'd definitely buy a few

Old 15-01-20, 02:01 AM
OC3D Elite

Man I'm so stoked you got that case.

Good on you, I really hope you do a log for us. We need more of that man.

Old 15-01-20, 02:08 AM
OC3D Elite

As Alien said really glad the case went to someone within OC3D it was good of James to do that and yes please to a build log!
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE
Old 15-01-20, 07:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
The GPU is for a 2nd rig

Replacing my AIO in my main rig as I've never really liked them TBH, I've always preferred air coolers but didn't like the aesthetic of any until now and seeing as the A500 matches a Noctua NHD15 it was a no brainer.
I dunno, the Coolermaster ones, Cryorig and Deep cool were some pretty nice looking coolers and pretty cool .
"too many Cool references in that sentence"
Old 15-01-20, 09:42 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Idea for you, As you now have access to a 3D printer, How about eventually making OC3D items ? You could have them as an extra source of income for the channel or to buy new things for your office, Stuff like OC3D coasters, OC3D keychains etc... would be immense and I'd definitely buy a few
That's an idea, but making money from the OC3D brand would need to be done with Tom's permission. Thinking of making some fancy Ryzen, Geforce and Intel logos for Tom to put in his youtube backgrounds.

Expect some build logs for the 3D Printer, printed upgrades etc. Hopefully it will help others get into the hobby. Should be a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Man I'm so stoked you got that case.

Good on you, I really hope you do a log for us. We need more of that man.
You can expect a build log. The hardware isn't going to be very fancy, but hopefully the 3D printer will help me make something unique. This case could do with some modern features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
As Alien said really glad the case went to someone within OC3D it was good of James to do that and yes please to a build log!
You can expect a build log for this. Just need to get some time. Should be travelling home this weekend to see my Dad for his birthday.
Old 15-01-20, 07:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Ditching my AIO as I prefer air coolers, Pre-ordered the Corsair A500, Early reviews put it on par with Noctuas NHD15.

And maybe also this thicc boy...

Defo interested to hear how this performs for you!

I'm like you, would prefer air cooling but the aesthetic always puts me off so stick with the H115
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 15-01-20, 08:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

You can expect a build log for this. Just need to get some time. Should be travelling home this weekend to see my Dad for his birthday.
Well Happy Birthday to your dad and looking forward to the build log when you can
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE
Old 15-01-20, 09:20 PM
OC3D Crew

More Wera tools and some wiha 4mm hex drive bits.
Pentalobe PL1 & PL4 for iphones and macbooks
PH000 & 0.2x0.8mm flat head for delicate jobs
4mm hex drive to 1/4" drive adaptor bit
1/4" hex drive ratchets + a selection of bits and sockets

I also fitted the new parts to my old XPS 15 laptop which has given it a new lease of life. 1x 61Whr battery and with the adaptor cable, the 1TB 860 pro. I'm still waiting for the metal cradle so it's wedged in place using some foam.

Quote:

Looks like a cracking piece of kit and surprisingly good value. Prices seem to have come down significantly since I last looked at 3d printers.

Old 17-01-20, 03:52 AM

At around $10 means I don't have to worry so much with these kind of tests.

Interesting how Vcore drops to around base clock voltage before getting to 2V. Similar with Vcache and VSA. DIO is stranger though.