Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 21-05-13, 04:05 AM
OC3D Crew

Mother of God... that lapping job you did on the CPU turned out beautifully! Sub'd!

Corsair Graphite 760T : Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 : FX 8350 @ 4.7 GHz : 8 GB Vengeance LP Low Voltage memory @ 2133 MHz : PowerColor AXR9 280X (1100 MHZ core, 1600 MHz mem) : Kingston HyperX 3K 240 GB SSD : Cooler Master Glacer 240L : Fractal Design Newton 800W PSU : NZXT Sentry 3 Fan Speed Controller
Old 21-05-13, 10:55 AM

AND THIS IS WHERE THINGS WENT PEAR SHAPED

Sequence of events -
  • New project build assembled, wired up and ready for first start.
  • Power on.
  • Flawless, not a single error code or beep and straight into the BIOS.
  • It’s then I notice the CPU temp 68, 69, 70... yup climbing rapidly with no sign of leveling out.
  • Instant switch off and power down.
  • Check the H100i block/pump and backplate YET AGAIN (pc ocd at play here).
  • All good.
  • hmmmm
  • Power on again and much the same, this time however I’m looking at the interior of the case as it powers up.
  • H100i block illuminates with white illuminated logo which then goes bright yellow, pale yellow, muddy brown then off...
  • It repeats this process this process twice before a loud shrill squeal is heard to come from the block and I once again power down before the CPU exceeds 90 degrees C!!!!!
  • The *CENSORED FOR REASONS OF POLITENESS* CPU is on stock settings!!!!!
  • At this point I uninstall the H100i.
  • I then install a stock out of the box Intel reference CPU cooler and low and behold the CPU temp settles at 30 degrees C...
Now all I can say at this point is Corsair I hope your Customer Services are up to speed because your quality control and product truly SUCK!!!!!
Old 21-05-13, 11:03 AM
OC3D Elite

I hope your rma goes smoothly. I had some trepidation about getting the AIO units, but I have both the H80i & H100i, and other than those noisy crappy ugly grey fans they supply with them, oh and the lack of a spare set of screws to mount fans in push/pull (H100i), they have worked flawlessly. Having said that I haven't buggered about with firmware updates and the Link s/w, but the temps are good.

Old 21-05-13, 11:03 AM
OC3D Elite

Good job on the case feet mod. That's one thing that's always annoyed me about Nanoxia and Fractal cases

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 21-05-13, 11:09 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23RO_UK View Post
[...rant...]
It would appear somebody is having a rather stressful morning...

Seriously though, I know how much it sucks when something breaks, especially if it's a
crucial component of a build. Even if it's RMA'd without trouble, it's still a rather big hassle
to go through.

Regardless of how good your QC is, you're never going to be able to test 100% of the units.
I remember watching the most recent episode of the Tek where they had Josh Smith from
Fractal as a guest, and he said that they test 20 % of their cases coming off the assembly
line, and that that is a rather high percentage. That still leaves 80 % of manufactured products
open to defects that won't be caught.

I don't know how Corsair does this with their AIO coolers, it might be completely different,
but I just thought I'd mention this.

Hope everything gets fixed soon for you though.
Old 21-05-13, 12:09 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to alienware
They're made and tested (or rather not tested) by Coolit. The same company who completely screwed me over when I had an Eco leak and ruin my board and GPU.

They're a shoddy Canadian outfit, incapable of understanding basic customer service.

Corsair will see you right
Old 21-05-13, 02:25 PM
OC3D Crew

WOW... I thought I had it bad when JUST the R in my RGB for my H100i stopped working. That's truly haggard, sorry to hear that man. With any luck moving forward this should be a painless process, if not time consuming otherwise :-/
Corsair Graphite 760T : Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 : FX 8350 @ 4.7 GHz : 8 GB Vengeance LP Low Voltage memory @ 2133 MHz : PowerColor AXR9 280X (1100 MHZ core, 1600 MHz mem) : Kingston HyperX 3K 240 GB SSD : Cooler Master Glacer 240L : Fractal Design Newton 800W PSU : NZXT Sentry 3 Fan Speed Controller
Old 21-05-13, 03:00 PM

Any reason you decided to go with the h100i & not a proper watercooled setup?

PS. great job so far
Old 22-05-13, 03:12 PM
OC3D Elite

I love the build and colour scheme so far i hope you have a decent experience with the RMA, corsair are always great and speedy in my experience
Old 23-05-13, 09:15 AM

Blimey what a response

Quote:
Hey all
Quote:

I'm new to the forum and have a build ongoing that I'd like to share with you.

First things first to bring you up to date on the current state of play, please bare with me as the build is already under-way; it's been subject to change thus far and likely will be changed further still lol...
First of all as per my first post ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheroo View Post
I hope your rma goes smoothly. I had some trepidation about getting the AIO units, but I have both the H80i & H100i, and other than those noisy crappy ugly grey fans they supply with them, oh and the lack of a spare set of screws to mount fans in push/pull (H100i), they have worked flawlessly. Having said that I haven't buggered about with firmware updates and the Link s/w, but the temps are good.

As regards the RMA scroll down, I had actually had both the Antec KÜHLER H2O 620 and later the 920 AIO's and both were superb bits of kits and functioned flawlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Good job on the case feet mod. That's one thing that's always annoyed me about Nanoxia and Fractal cases

Cheers, MNPCTechs finest and they make a HUGE difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post
It would appear somebody is having a rather stressful morning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post

Seriously though, I know how much it sucks when something breaks, especially if it's a
crucial component of a build. Even if it's RMA'd without trouble, it's still a rather big hassle
to go through.

Regardless of how good your QC is, you're never going to be able to test 100% of the units.
I remember watching the most recent episode of the Tek where they had Josh Smith from
Fractal as a guest, and he said that they test 20 % of their cases coming off the assembly
line, and that that is a rather high percentage. That still leaves 80 % of manufactured products
open to defects that won't be caught.

I don't know how Corsair does this with their AIO coolers, it might be completely different,
but I just thought I'd mention this.

Hope everything gets fixed soon for you though.
Someone did indeed have a bad morning when it happened yes

I can actually almost laugh about the pig sh*t fiasco it turned into, well now I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-alienware View Post
They're made and tested (or rather not tested) by Coolit. The same company who completely screwed me over when I had an Eco leak and ruin my board and GPU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-alienware View Post

They're a shoddy Canadian outfit, incapable of understanding basic customer service.

Corsair will see you right
Don't even go down the lines of CoolIT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgutierrez33 View Post
WOW... I thought I had it bad when JUST the R in my RGB for my H100i stopped working. That's truly haggard, sorry to hear that man. With any luck moving forward this should be a painless process, if not time consuming otherwise :-/

You got off lightly mate (no pun intended)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiales74 View Post
Any reason you decided to go with the h100i & not a proper watercooled setup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiales74 View Post

PS. great job so far
Originally I went for the H100i on the backs of all the rave reviews it had received and my own experience with the Antec AIO's.

Ps. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassupdoc View Post
I love the build and colour scheme so far i hope you have a decent experience with the RMA, corsair are always great and speedy in my experience

Thank you with reference to the colour scheme

To Cut a long story short...

Corsair expected me to return the H100i back to the Netherlands no less at my own expense, when I queried this they said I could indeed RMA the unit back to the vender but wouldn't get the (please note) LATEST VERSION of the H100i; basically it now transpires they have now modified the design of the H100i.

I basically gave up trying after 2 weeks of being bounced from pillar to post and binned the bloody thing in sheer annoyance and utter contempt.

Tags
e22, evga, mnpctech, nanoxia deep silence 1, z68 ftw