Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 23-01-20, 05:41 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Your opinion. I think it's a joke.

Old 23-01-20, 06:58 PM
OC3D Elite

I didn't offer any opinion there, my opinion is that I'd never spend over £200 on a GPU if it was purely for gaming(I just don't play that much or particularly intensive stuff).

The fact, however, is that NVidia's $500 GPU is the same degree faster than their $200 GPU in 2019 as it was in 2012, and that you couldn't get any better than their $500 GPU for one card back then. How they price their expensive cards comes down to what their target market are willing to pay for them, and while I can't at all relate to those who would drop over £1k on a GPU, the fact that people do it means it's viable for NVidia to do, and the fact NVidia still offers the same value proposition as they always have in the traditional parts of the stack means they're not screwing anyone now any more than they were many years ago unless someone actively chooses it.
Old 23-01-20, 07:12 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Once again your opinion. I think mid-range is a joke until the 5600xt came along. Disagree all you want. I DON'T have to agree with you.
Old 23-01-20, 07:37 PM
OC3D Elite

This is absolutely hilarious.

Just read a review of the i9-10900X. 10 core, 20 thread.

It benches practically identical to my 1920x both stock and overclocked. Yes it has an advantage at single thread but the 1920x has two more cores and threads.

Why am I posting this "nonsense"?

The i9-10900X costs £689.

Right now you can buy a 1920x for £200 or dollars. A X399 Aorus is £260 and 32gb quad channel costs about £150.

£610. Before any one says about single core performance I'd counter with two more cores and threads, and 20 extra lanes.

If this is Intel's idea of cutting prices then they need to put down the crack pipe, and spend the afternoon on Amazon looking at what you can get for £610 in the HEDT space.

Old 23-01-20, 08:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Once again your opinion. I think mid-range is a joke until the 5600xt came along. Disagree all you want. I DON'T have to agree with you.
You miss the point, I don't disagree with that statement at all, like I said, my opinion is that anything over £200 isn't worth it. But that doesn't change the fact how the stack lines up, in purely mathematical raw performance figures, hasn't changed in the $500 and below market, which was all the market before the first Titan came out.