Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Sound Cards & Speakers
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 26-05-20, 06:31 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,970
In search of speakers...

Hello everyone,

This is an area where I literally suck at, I've always used a headset, but feeling like I'd want to punch out some nice tunes every now and then, hence this thread...

I'm preferably looking for a 2.1 system, or just 2.0 system. I want them to be as small as possible, ie taking up as little space as possible.

If included a subwoofer, if it can be mounted underneath the desk, then awesome.

All black is preferred and I don't want the best out there, but a budget isn't really in mind here, I'm mostly just brainstorming at the moment.

Any and all advice/recommendations are highly welcome!

Thanks,
Dawelio

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26-05-20, 08:41 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 6,529
If you ignore the rgb poop, Logitech G560 give a nice sound. Not amazing, but certainly far better than the awful SP2500s I have. What a regret that was to get those.

They also have RMS 120W so that isnt a bad kit. Plus Bluetooth if you want to have pc off and slam on some tunes, like if you are cleaning the house doing adult stuff
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26-05-20, 09:37 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
If you ignore the rgb poop, Logitech G560 give a nice sound. Not amazing, but certainly far better than the awful SP2500s I have. What a regret that was to get those.

They also have RMS 120W so that isnt a bad kit. Plus Bluetooth if you want to have pc off and slam on some tunes, like if you are cleaning the house doing adult stuff
Really? I'm surprised since Linus actually still uses the SP2500 and he usually doesn't use stuff that he doesn't think are rather good overall.

Interesting that you regret those speakers. For me personally though, I like those G560 overall, but the price for them are a bit on higher side for me. Even though I didn't mention price overall, though over $200 is a bit pricey for a pair of speakers in my opinion. But certainly a nice recommendation though, so thanks alot for that! Much appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26-05-20, 09:39 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 6,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Really? I'm surprised since Linus actually still uses the SP2500 and he usually doesn't use stuff that he doesn't think are rather good overall.

Interesting that you regret those speakers. For me personally though, I like those G560 overall, but the price for them are a bit on higher side for me. Even though I didn't mention price overall, though over $200 is a bit pricey for a pair of speakers in my opinion. But certainly a nice recommendation though, so thanks alot for that! Much appreciated!
Well sound is subjective I guess. And when you tailor your ears to the quality of something like the Shure 846 (still best IEM I have ever tried hands down) your opinion on quality sets a high bar, the 2500s are just cheap crap. They are loud, but thats all that they have going for them.

I heard the G560 at komplett office. I assume you know komplett being in sweden. And these wiped the floor with the 2500s
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27-05-20, 12:49 AM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,519
Logitech G560 would be good enough for most users. Audioengine A2+ Wireless is a bit pricier but a better option.
__________________
Turbos on an engine is God's way of telling you it ain't got enough cylinders.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 27-05-20, 05:26 AM
looz's Avatar
looz looz is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,752
I'd just avoid gaming brands, they bring nothing to the table in audio gear...


PreSonus Eris E3.5 should give similar audio quality at a lower price point, IK Multimedia iLoud is a step up and very compact.
__________________
i7 8700k - 16GB - 2060 FE - 660p 1TB + MX500 2TB - HE-4XX w/ Topping D30+A30
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27-05-20, 05:03 PM
scubasteve scubasteve is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 286
Audioengine do make some sweet speakers and they do have some excellent studio quality set ups as for wireless hmmm i try avoid them- thats just my preference



a good 2.1 system if you wana check out reviews is Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified







thats a review against them razer nommos which are just waaaay to over priced for what they are, better of with a set of audioengines for that kinda cash


plus klipsch is actually a speaker company



or you can go down a 2 speaker system like the GigaWorks T40 Series II (keep in mind these are not super massive but not tiny either)
i have a pair of these and they are crisp and the left from right audio separation is excellent- only grip i have is depending on how far you want them to be apart you might need a small extension, but i do have them in awkward angle on a very long desk - there is also a T50 newer version a a tad larger
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27-05-20, 05:30 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 14,295
I would try and avoid all PC speakers if you can. Mostly because even the best become far too expensive.

Get a decent set of monitors, and some stands if you need them. They will last you a lifetime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Control...0600634&sr=8-2

An example of. Get a small amplifier you can hide, job done. They have been winning awards for 25 years.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 27-05-20, 06:13 PM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I would try and avoid all PC speakers if you can. Mostly because even the best become far too expensive.

Get a decent set of monitors, and some stands if you need them. They will last you a lifetime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Control...0600634&sr=8-2

An example of. Get a small amplifier you can hide, job done. They have been winning awards for 25 years.
Yea. Any studio monitors will destroy gaming branded speakers. And I am constantly trying to make people buy them over regular speakers, but he asked for speakers to be as small as possible. Studio monitors dont fall into that category.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27-05-20, 06:22 PM
looz's Avatar
looz looz is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
Yea. Any studio monitors will destroy gaming branded speakers. And I am constantly trying to make people buy them over regular speakers, but he asked for speakers to be as small as possible. Studio monitors dont fall into that category.
Well, the iLoud mentioned earlier is a rather compact speaker.
__________________
i7 8700k - 16GB - 2060 FE - 660p 1TB + MX500 2TB - HE-4XX w/ Topping D30+A30
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.