Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 27-07-21, 02:55 PM
OC3D Elite

That looks INSANELY useful. I have multiple large displays, 35", 43", and the large bases are the worst part of them.

/ custom loop
Old 04-08-21, 08:15 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Researchers bypassed tpm and got the encryption key. In 30 minutes with little trouble and commonly available tools.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021...in-30-minutes/

How? Well board makers are cheap. They send the information over unencrypted lanes which makes it easily readable.

They need physical access to the device, but point is there needs to be improvements from board makers and on the software side to ensure information that is supposed to be encrypted stays encrypted on it's entire pathway.
Old 04-08-21, 08:44 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Researchers bypassed tpm and got the encryption key. In 30 minutes with little trouble and commonly available tools.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021...in-30-minutes/

How? Well board makers are cheap. They send the information over unencrypted lanes which makes it easily readable.

They need physical access to the device, but point is there needs to be improvements from board makers and on the software side to ensure information that is supposed to be encrypted stays encrypted on it's entire pathway.
This hasn't got much to do with cheaping out on anything tbf, there's nothing board manufacturers can do to suddenly make the SPI or i2c protocols secure, it's just an issue with how TPM works by design in the vast majority of setups, one simple solution is to just use the encrypted parameter feature of TPM modules so the important data is encrypted before it goes into the SPI or i2c lines.
Old 04-08-21, 08:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Its quick news tgrech, not really the place to dispute or discuss. Make a thread instead.

*edit Perhaps moderators should delete all discussions, replies and such that are not quick news per se in future, without explanation. Including this message
Old 04-08-21, 08:56 AM
OC3D Elite

I don't think the Quick point I added to the news warrants a new thread tbh, but ill add it there if one appears
Old 04-08-21, 05:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Another forum I frequent has a similar thread, but it's for deals. There's two:

Deals (No discussion)
Deals (Discussion)

Maybe similar system could work here? Since relevant news would fade away eventually.
Old 26-08-21, 03:01 PM
Resident Newb

3090 SUPER -

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-g...-gddr6x-memory
Old 27-08-21, 01:33 PM
Resident Newb

Take with a grain of salt as it comes from a "leaker".

Apparently Blizzard is being renamed and many staff will be fired, WoW is being put into maintenance mode so no new expansions ever, A new "WoW 2.0" is in the works with a brand new team, Overwatch 2 has been cancelled.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...(Leak-Spoilers)
Old 27-08-21, 04:27 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Take with a grain of salt as it comes from a "leaker".

Apparently Blizzard is being renamed and many staff will be fired, WoW is being put into maintenance mode so no new expansions ever, A new "WoW 2.0" is in the works with a brand new team, Overwatch 2 has been cancelled.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...(Leak-Spoilers)
Goodness, that is a huge change if true. I don't see overwatch 2 getting cancelled though. It is too deep in development.

Things are a mess with Activision Blizzard though.
Old 27-08-21, 06:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Goodness, that is a huge change if true. I don't see overwatch 2 getting cancelled though. It is too deep in development.

Things are a mess with Activision Blizzard though.
So was project Titan, which was intended to be the new MMO. This cancelled project was stripped down and became what overwatch is today. So I would never put a sure bet on the outcome. Given the dire straits right now, anything is possible.

Maybe they will gut the company and start a new. They certainly have the finances to recover in that way.