Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 21-06-21, 09:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Not surprising really, Friend of mine used to work in the "refurb" department of amazon, There was nothing refurbished about it, They got brand new items that weren't sold, Smartphones for example, Took them out of their original boxes, Made sure they still worked, Put them in plain cardboard boxes, Call them "refurbished" and then marked the price down.

Amazon does some very shady stuff.
My brother worked there in the Swansea depot. They treat staff so disgustingly poor that I will never give them a penny of mine. I would sooner pay extra elsewhere just out of principle or go without.

Old 23-06-21, 07:34 PM
OC3D Elite

GOG are giving away a free copy of ARMA Cold War Assault ATM
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 5950X=MSI Prestige X570 Creation=1TB Samsung 980 Pro=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=Roccat AIMO 122=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Crucial MX500 1TB=Roccat Kone AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=MSI Agility GD60 RGB Mousepad=Chasepower Pure Sinewave UPS
Old 24-06-21, 09:03 AM
OC3D Elite

John McAfee has expired

https://www.reuters.com/legal/govern...on-2021-06-23/
Old 24-06-21, 10:32 PM
AMD Enthusiast

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...ng-windows-11/

Windows 11 official MS blog. Not much in th way of details mostly hype building around a few features... But it is confirmed we are basically getting the Mac/Linux(some distros) taskbar wherein everything is centered.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...on-windows-11/
(This is for more information on new MS Store)

I am disappointed they continue to support 32bit applications however. It's time they let it go and commit fully to 64bit.

There's more in the top link, but the article does have various links inside to learn more about specific things.

Lastly Windows 11 will be a free upgrade coming this holiday season.
Old 24-06-21, 11:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Is there anyone else besides myself that has a hard time for the icons and start menu to be centered on the screen now rather than the traditional left?
Old 25-06-21, 07:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Is there anyone else besides myself that has a hard time for the icons and start menu to be centered on the screen now rather than the traditional left?

There is probably an option to have that reverted back to the left, and otherwise there will be people making it so, just like i have openshell to have the windows 7 start menu instead of the awful default one.
Old 25-06-21, 10:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
There is probably an option to have that reverted back to the left, and otherwise there will be people making it so, just like i have openshell to have the windows 7 start menu instead of the awful default one.
Its probably basic Taskbar configs where you want to place it much like deciding where you want the Taskbar itself.
Old 25-06-21, 11:38 PM
Resident Newb

So apparently certain motherboards that don't have TPM, Trusted platform module, Will not be able to install Windows 11, Microsoft really made some weird decisions with this upcoming OS.

https://www.extremetech.com/computin...ource=facebook

TPM that plugs into the TPM connector that is at the bottom of most modern motherboards -

Old 26-06-21, 04:16 AM
Resident Newb

Not sure if it'll show up for everyone but Microsoft through the Xbox app in Windows are giving away 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for £1 instead of £10.
Old 26-06-21, 11:41 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Not sure if it'll show up for everyone but Microsoft through the Xbox app in Windows are giving away 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for £1 instead of £10.
Ya it works for everyone. It's my second time grabbing this offer. 6 months of games for $2