Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery

Old 27-05-21, 10:36 PM
OC3D Elite

The Cosmos c700M

Heya Oc3d

It was time to ditch my hugely annoying Lian Li 011 Dynamic, it was vibrating at times, had to put little pieces of paper in between the frame and glass to stop that, the rubber grommets are shot, as they are made of worthless stuff and it was a bit limited with hard drive/ssd mounting options, while it looked nice i did get bored of the very square nature of it anyways.

So we go from this

Only got the one pic from this year where i put in that fractal cooler, but now we go to the good stuff

Now the Night time shots, all assembled

Old 28-05-21, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

now that actually does look pretty darn good i likey
Old 28-05-21, 09:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Looks Chuffin Amazeballz I like it a lot!
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 5950X=MSI Prestige X570 Creation=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=Roccat AIMO 122=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat Kone AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=MSI Agility GD60 RGB Mousepad=Chasepower Pure Sinewave UPS
Old 28-05-21, 09:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Thanks fellas!
Old 02-06-21, 10:46 AM
OC3D Elite

This didnt take long, but im returning the cosmos on the basis that it isnt as quiet as i wanted, even with custom fan profiles and some tweaking, it creaks and ticks when gaming as case temperatures rise, which can happen anyway but for the price of this case, i could not accept these conditions, oh and the bottom dust filter likes to catch the cables coming from the psu so putting it back it can be a real chore quite quickly, meaning that in order to get the cables to not catch, id have to move it, open the right side panel and lift them by hand to put the filter back.

Considering the entire system weighed above 30 kilo's, yeah no i would not be happy living with it, even tho it is so absolutely pretty, looks arent everything, and for 450 euro's, its to much to ask.
Old 02-06-21, 10:58 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
This didnt take long, but im returning the cosmos on the basis that it isnt as quiet as i wanted, even with custom fan profiles and some tweaking, it creaks and ticks when gaming as case temperatures rise, which can happen anyway but for the price of this case, i could not accept these conditions, oh and the bottom dust filter likes to catch the cables coming from the psu so putting it back it can be a real chore quite quickly, meaning that in order to get the cables to not catch, id have to move it, open the right side panel and lift them by hand to put the filter back.

Considering the entire system weighed above 30 kilo's, yeah no i would not be happy living with it, even tho it is so absolutely pretty, looks arent everything, and for 450 euro's, its to much to ask.
Those are part of the reasons i stopped using mine. So far to date, the coolest and beste case I have had for modding was surprisingly the ThermalTake tower 900.

Its decoupling of the fans/radiators from the pc components was genius. Internal parts were the coolest i have ever monitored. Just a shame it was too tall, or took up inconvenient space for me.

Old 02-06-21, 09:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post

Damn mate that's a bloody shame
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 5950X=MSI Prestige X570 Creation=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=Roccat AIMO 122=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat Kone AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=MSI Agility GD60 RGB Mousepad=Chasepower Pure Sinewave UPS
Old 02-06-21, 09:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Yep it's a shame it had this many flaws.