Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Desk & Work Area
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 12-07-13, 10:13 AM
FlamingBeatz's Avatar
FlamingBeatz FlamingBeatz is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 33
Flaming's Setup

Here's my (keep-me-off)work space:


What you see:
27'' LG TV
PS3
Yamaha HS80 speakers
2x 23'' LG Flatron monitors
Focusrite Saffire Pro14 audio interface
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & DT1350 headphones
And my rig

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-07-13, 10:14 AM
remember300 remember300 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dagenham
Posts: 2,292
looks nice ... is the soft padding for heat butting or mouse throwing? when you get frustrated lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-07-13, 11:11 AM
FlamingBeatz's Avatar
FlamingBeatz FlamingBeatz is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 33
Thanks. Thats acoustical foam lol, did you notice how close the tweeter of the right speaker is too the wall? Without the foam the sound would reflect back to my ear with a few ms delay from the direct sound from the speaker wich would mess up the high end. I have alot more of these spread across the room, just can't see them in the pics lol
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-07-13, 11:18 AM
Mathius Mathius is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Newport, S.E.Wales
Posts: 674
very nice, me thinks you need speaker stands and a 3rd monitor though
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-07-13, 12:11 PM
remember300 remember300 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dagenham
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingBeatz View Post
Thanks. Thats acoustical foam lol, did you notice how close the tweeter of the right speaker is too the wall? Without the foam the sound would reflect back to my ear with a few ms delay from the direct sound from the speaker wich would mess up the high end. I have alot more of these spread across the room, just can't see them in the pics lol
i did kinda guess it was to do with the speaker, however i did think the rage question was better
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-07-13, 02:37 PM
FlamingBeatz's Avatar
FlamingBeatz FlamingBeatz is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by remember300 View Post
i did kinda guess it was to do with the speaker, however i did think the rage question was better
That €2 mouse does me off very often though, would've been an option if it wasn't my only mouse

Yup, shame on me. €1000 pc and a €2 mouse
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-07-13, 04:37 PM
The Orange One The Orange One is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Llyn Peninsula, North West Wales
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via MSN to The Orange One
Nice setup Mate!
__________________



Broadband, Y U So Slow?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-07-13, 06:43 PM
Sir-Weasel's Avatar
Sir-Weasel Sir-Weasel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: i'm in the fox hole in your backyard
Posts: 192
awesome setup and nice audio gear
And how are the dt 770 pro's doing
i 'm asking this because i'm considering them
but i can't decide between the dt 770 pro's (and saving some money) and the dt 880 pro's.
an amp and dac isn't the problem:
-my amp: schiit valhalla
-my dac: schiit bifrost
(overkill i know)

but back to business that looks really good but as said don't trust ocz
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-07-13, 10:59 PM
FlamingBeatz's Avatar
FlamingBeatz FlamingBeatz is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Weasel View Post
awesome setup and nice audio gear
And how are the dt 770 pro's doing
i 'm asking this because i'm considering them
but i can't decide between the dt 770 pro's (and saving some money) and the dt 880 pro's.
an amp and dac isn't the problem:
-my amp: schiit valhalla
-my dac: schiit bifrost
(overkill i know)

but back to business that looks really good but as said don't trust ocz
The DT770 Pro's sound good, I haven't been able to compare them with the 880's though. However, I do have the Beyerdynamic DT1350's wich are in about the same price range. Compared to those the DT770 Pro's seem to lack soundstage and have a less flat frequency response. Things just sound more ''alive'' trough the DT1350's. I see you care about quality so I would go with something better than the DT770 Pro's

Anyway, besides the cables, whats the reason alot of you don't like ocz power supplies? Do they break down easily?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 13-07-13, 12:29 AM
James111333 James111333 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingBeatz View Post
That €2 mouse does me off very often though, would've been an option if it wasn't my only mouse

Yup, shame on me. €1000 pc and a €2 mouse

Noooo, but that's what the padding is for. Even a £2 should survive a padded outrage
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 04:03 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.