Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Custom spraying a case.

Hey guys,

Not sure where to post this but I've just picked up a Lian Li O1D11 Mini in black that I want painted in Special silver KYO

Anyone here who has had their case painted and know where is the best place I can send it?

Thanks

| Asus X399 Zenith Extreme | AMD Threadripper 1900X | 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB | Nvidia Titan Xp | Western Digital 500GB & 512GB NVME M.2 SSDs | Corsair AX1500i | LG 32" 4K HDR Monitor | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS Edition | Corsair M65|
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
OC3D Elite

I highly doubt anyone has had a chance to mod their O11D Mini in this way, considering that many hasn't even recieved their case yet. Due to the massive amount of shipping delays worldwide.

Keep in mind that this case was pushed back around 8 months before launch and this was back in November 20th. I only recived mine in mid january.

So unfortunately I don't think many have done it.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
I highly doubt anyone has had a chance to mod their O11D Mini in this way, considering that many hasn't even recieved their case yet. Due to the massive amount of shipping delays worldwide.

Keep in mind that this case was pushed back around 8 months before launch and this was back in November 20th. I only recived mine in mid january.

So unfortunately I don't think many have done it.
Didn't realise it launched not that long ago lol.

I should have worded that a bit better What I meant was any case, not just the Lian LI. Looking for recommendations to where I can this in.
| Asus X399 Zenith Extreme | AMD Threadripper 1900X | 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB | Nvidia Titan Xp | Western Digital 500GB & 512GB NVME M.2 SSDs | Corsair AX1500i | LG 32" 4K HDR Monitor | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS Edition | Corsair M65|
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
OC3D Elite

car spray shops might do it.
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipzy View Post
Didn't realise it launched not that long ago lol.

I should have worded that a bit better What I meant was any case, not just the Lian LI. Looking for recommendations to where I can this in.
No worries, to be even more specific myself, it was launched for pre-order on november 20th as well. So it technically wasn't even launched at that date.

So now you can see why it has been such a long drawn "launched" of this case.

The issue with this case and spray painting it, is that you have so many different materials. Steel in the main body, then you have acrylic piece on the front and metallic on the inside of the case on the top as well.
Old Today, 07:15 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Hey guys,

Not sure where to post this but I've just picked up a Lian Li O1D11 Mini in black that I want painted in Special silver KYO

Anyone here who has had their case painted and know where is the best place I can send it?

Thanks

First you'd need to get the case stripped of any paint already on it, Prepared, Cleaned etc.... then you could take it to a custom car or bike painting place, It won't be cheap but it will be a professional job.

Old Today, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks
if you have space and time you could just do it at home buddy