Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 08-09-21, 10:42 AM
OC3D Elite

Well, there's a worrying amount of results with this query: https://www.google.com/search?client...000i+shutdowns

Old 08-09-21, 03:11 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Ah ok well then as proved by the resolve and looz link guess it's a crappy one after all. Very interesting. I would be glad to have gotten that crap out of the system.

I'd try to go through warranty for a refund or something.
Old 08-09-21, 04:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Well me and my parents all decided to stop smoking.

Parents used Zyban and I said to them that I will wait for them to fully stop but will not smoke around them etc and once they both said they were fine I said I would stop.

Sunday 29th August was the last day of smoking for me.

Had my last cig at about 6pm that Sunday night and that was it.

Not had a single cig since then so over a week now.

Not had a single craving either nor has it bothered me or made me want one when I have been around people smoking.

One thing I have noticed though is that I did like the taste of Tea with no sugar, I no longer like the taste of Tea really and Milk doesn't taste right.

My brother and sister have also decided to stop and my sister has but my brother has not yet.

Also got some new things

Samsung HW-Q600A Soundbar with Wireless Sub, just waiting for the Optical Cable from Argos to turn up and then I can plug it in and see what it's like but it seems to get very good reviews.
It's replacing a cheap and nasty small one from Amazon which has done ok but has next to no bass and at what it considers "High" volume which is "Medium" to me, it starts to crackle.
So will be annoying my neighbours with bass tonight, since they like to put music on at 8pm and leave it on till gone midnight and won't turn it off or down, so I get limited sleep since I have to be up at 6am and logged in to work at 7am.

Also got a new case for my Plex server, but not started migrating it because I am going to build a whole new server, everything will be brand new so I can build it up and then copy the information from the existing server over.

Only £60 from Scan and whilst it may not be the best it will do for me until I can get my new Shed etc built where I will be building a proper server which will use a 45 Drives server or something like that depending on requirements at that time.

Samsung MC28H5013AK Combi Microwave since our old decided to practically explode the other night whilst I was heating some food up, resulting in 3 hours worth of clean up at 8pm at night, so ended up ordering a pizza that night.

Finally a new LTT Store Water Bottle with 2 of the new bottle top's, one for the new bottle and one for my current/old bottle which I will be letting my dad have.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Old 08-09-21, 04:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Good luck with the quit smoking, keep it up!!!
Old 08-09-21, 06:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Good luck giving up, supposedly the first 3 days are the hard part while your body gets over the craving for nicotine after that it's breaking the habit
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 08-09-21, 06:07 PM
OC3D Crew

I couldn't give up fully tried tons of times, but low nic vape is the best it will get for me, least it doesnt have all the toxins just the part i can't live without, there are reasons outside of the norm for me as to why i need it so badly.

Good thing giving up thou, first thing i noticed was everything tastes so different and yep non sugar in drinks is a huge no for me hate them Just stick at it Damien it's a hard thing to change if your a long term smoker.
Old 08-09-21, 06:26 PM
OC3D Elite

I'm 36 this year and been basically smoking since I was 13 apart from the 2 years I vaped.

I am seriously suprised I have had no cravings at all, and my parents, sister and brother are all really not happy that I have been able to just say "That's it" and have not had one since.

The sleeping and taste is abit annoying, to be honest but the worst thing is the teeth, I have had issues with my teeth and gums ever since I was a baby, Dentist in Germany wanted to remove all my teeth at the age of 4 because they said I would lose them all by the time I was 12, but parents said no and I still have almost all of them.

Either way I won't be starting again as I am more determined to get my life sorted out going forward both financially and health wise.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Old 08-09-21, 06:31 PM
OC3D Crew

The best it got for me was a month on vape without nic but i was more snappy and stressed so i use 3mg now in my vape, it's the best it'll get and in truth without vape i'd have to smoke i need the nicotine that badly, it's more to do with my illness than anything.

I know the feeling with teeth had all kinds of issues over the many years, but they are at least mine, you may find your need to replace the vice with a new one so be picky about what it ends up being your always have a vice in life and for me it's the 3mg nic in my vape just can't live without it unfortunately but i started smoking even much younger than you did, always good to hear when someone is able to overcome it thou it'll give you some extra years
Old 08-09-21, 06:39 PM
OC3D Elite

I had that while vaping still needed the nicotine, I started making my own juices and slowly lowered the amount of nic I put in, eventually I could leave it out
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 09-09-21, 01:38 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I have the HX1000i though.
Corsairs "i" series of PSU's in general have been problematic for years, Anyone I know outside the forums that has gotten RMi, AXi or HXi has reported varying issues, Why ? I have no clue as these PSU's, Especially the HXi's and AXi's, Are not cheap.

I had an AX860i that I got direct from Corsair as a gift when I was doing closed testing for their very VERY early builds of iCUE, It was not compatible with my X99 5930K rig, The OCP would routinely trip and force a shutdown even if all settings were at stock, Undervolted or overclocked, Didn't matter.

The RMi's myself and friends have had all have silly levels of chirping coil whine, My own RM1000i got so bad the chirping coil whine gave me a headache, Bare in mind the rig is right next to my head but still.

My only guess is that Corsair cut a few corners when it came to making sure every batch met a certain standard as the "i" series was a complete lottery when it came to getting a unit that worked as an expensive PSU should, Some people got pristine units, Some got a box of crickets with voltage issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
Well me and my parents all decided to stop smoking.

Parents used Zyban and I said to them that I will wait for them to fully stop but will not smoke around them etc and once they both said they were fine I said I would stop.

Sunday 29th August was the last day of smoking for me.

Had my last cig at about 6pm that Sunday night and that was it.

Not had a single cig since then so over a week now.

Not had a single craving either nor has it bothered me or made me want one when I have been around people smoking.

One thing I have noticed though is that I did like the taste of Tea with no sugar, I no longer like the taste of Tea really and Milk doesn't taste right.

My brother and sister have also decided to stop and my sister has but my brother has not yet.
Welcome to the club, I smoked for around 3-4 years, I call it my idiot years, Not to sound nasty to you, More a reflection of my silly choice seeing as though health and fitness are massive parts of my life but at the time it genuinely helped with horrible levels of stress and anxiety.

Quitting was actually very easy, I saw it was hindering my everyday general performance so I stopped, No patches, Vapes or anything, Was actually fairly simple, No craving, Withdrawals or anything even though I smoked a pack of 10-20 per day, I think my weight lifting mindset helped with this, I prefer to lift and be strong rather than frail and wheezing, Choice was simple so it didn't take any effort on my part, I swapped smoking for building rigs

It took me around a year or so to fully recover from smoking i.e lung capacity, Clear breathing etc...

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk