Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > Games

Old 14-01-13, 07:54 PM

Really? 1 + 2 got boring, 2 more than 1 and i just didn't finish them... So i guess i should take a look at it.

Old 15-01-13, 12:28 PM
OC3D Elite

I hated this game but not because of the story etc, but because of the performance.

My pc is easily able to run this game maxed out at 1080p and instead the game only ran on a single GTX 680 at a maximum of 30fps, and then if I made some changes I could get it to 60fps.

Now with my sli it only goes to a maximum of 65fps, but it just crashes etc all the time so I have given up on it.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Old 15-01-13, 12:36 PM

Dem alligators
Old 15-01-13, 12:58 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
I hated this game but not because of the story etc, but because of the performance.

My pc is easily able to run this game maxed out at 1080p and instead the game only ran on a single GTX 680 at a maximum of 30fps, and then if I made some changes I could get it to 60fps.

Now with my sli it only goes to a maximum of 65fps, but it just crashes etc all the time so I have given up on it.

Are you running with SSAO on as that seems to tank fps big time. I am running with everything on ultra in video settings. 4x AA and was getting on average between 50-70 fps. Very playable on a single 680. Also I have not noticed any crash issues with the game. Maybe check your running the latest drivers as the .70 or something like that I did have crash issues but with .90 or something I do not. Also maybe a reinstall could solve some issues.

As for the game itself, I really enjoyed it. I did not like FC2 I actually hated that game. But with 3 I actually engaged with the story and the free roaming aspect was cool. I wish however there was more of those encampment missions as I loved trying to take them out stealthly.

My preferred approach was always with surpressed sniper rifles and then smgs for up close and personal. I liked the fact it was easy to stealth as I hate games that make stealth just a whole load of patience rather than positioning and strategy. Like taking out the encampments some you get a good vantage point with a silenced sniper and figure out how to take them out one at a time without the rest noticing and setting off the alarm.

I did however find the potions and animals skinning aspect a bit lack luster. There was no real depth to it and I found it very easy just to go kill the animals I needed and bang there you go with an easy upgrade. As for the potions the only ones I found I needed was the health one and with the right stealth approach I rarely needed to use it.

Graphically it is a good looking game and I did enjoy the world.

I also reiterate what others have said above vos (sp) and his character being really good. I could engage with the story easily as he is well written and I really wanted to get revenge on him but unfortunately (spoiler alert) he is not in the game for all of it which to me felt like a let a down.

All in all though a good game.

Case: Cosmos 2 Cpu: 3930k @ 4.6 ghz Mobo: Sabertooth CoolerH100 with Sp120 Quiet ed Ram: 16GB Vengence Gpu: Gtx 680 Sli w/ EVGA Backplates Psu: Ax760 Hdd: 2TB seagate green Ssd: 120GB Corsair Force GT + 240GB Sandisk Extreme
Nr. #002
Old 15-01-13, 01:03 PM
OC3D Elite

The best game in YEARS!!!

I absolutely loved FC3, it's the only non generic FPS/Shooter that has come out in quite some time and it made me want to play it, unlike most games that I play just to finish so I can move on to the next.

The game it's self is huge with plenty to see and do and the graphics are jaw dropping, some times I spent 10mins+ just looking at a scene it looked that good, no other game has done that for me before.

TL;DR

Buy the game, it's fraking epic
NZXT Switch 810 - Ryzeny 3600 - Gigabyte X570 Gaming - 32GB Corsair Platinum SE - MSI Gaming 1070 - Crucial MX100 256GB SSD - Crucial MX500 500GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB HDD - Corsair H100 - Corsair RM1000i SE - Asus VE247H

PC Audio: Asus Xonar STX - Sennheiser HD650.
Portable Audio: FiiO X3II - Audiofly AF140 - Etymotic ER4s - Fidue A83.
Old 15-01-13, 08:12 PM

hey all thanks for the reply's good to see other people enjoy this game as well . As everyone can see I really enjoy this game I bought it not to long ago so will maybe get bored of it some or other time.

I haven't enjoyed a game as I do this game in a very long time.
I am running this game at 1080P 2xAA ,SSAO,DX11,And High Preset with V-Sync on and I get my constant 60FPS even thou I don't run it on max it is still a gorgeous game.

My favorite weapon is the recurve bow with the marksman sight. I am deadly with that for some reason ,but a very close second is Z93 with Scope , Silencer and Extended mag.

Thanks guys for reply's hope more are to follow and I would also like to know what guns are most liked I want to create a pole with 10 most liked guns and see how many people vote for their choice so give me list of 10 and I will see what names come up the most.
Old 16-01-13, 04:12 AM

It had to be a great game to be the successor of far cry2 and well far cry 3 did meet my expectations in the single player mode with story and game play but that's it, it only met my expectations it did not surpass them like the two previous far cry games, it might just be me but a lot of the enemy's feel the same in the way they react .... Well my favourite weapon was the machete and I relatively enjoyed the game
Old 22-01-13, 06:25 AM

Amazing game, would recommend this to anyone. Just love the way to game is so vast, and how far you can explore, need more games like this where what you can see you can pretty much go to one way or another.
Old 22-01-13, 06:55 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3rni3 View Post
Are you running with SSAO on as that seems to tank fps big time. I am running with everything on ultra in video settings. 4x AA and was getting on average between 50-70 fps. Very playable on a single 680. Also I have not noticed any crash issues with the game. Maybe check your running the latest drivers as the .70 or something like that I did have crash issues but with .90 or something I do not. Also maybe a reinstall could solve some issues.

As for the game itself, I really enjoyed it. I did not like FC2 I actually hated that game. But with 3 I actually engaged with the story and the free roaming aspect was cool. I wish however there was more of those encampment missions as I loved trying to take them out stealthly.

My preferred approach was always with surpressed sniper rifles and then smgs for up close and personal. I liked the fact it was easy to stealth as I hate games that make stealth just a whole load of patience rather than positioning and strategy. Like taking out the encampments some you get a good vantage point with a silenced sniper and figure out how to take them out one at a time without the rest noticing and setting off the alarm.

I did however find the potions and animals skinning aspect a bit lack luster. There was no real depth to it and I found it very easy just to go kill the animals I needed and bang there you go with an easy upgrade. As for the potions the only ones I found I needed was the health one and with the right stealth approach I rarely needed to use it.

Graphically it is a good looking game and I did enjoy the world.

I also reiterate what others have said above vos (sp) and his character being really good. I could engage with the story easily as he is well written and I really wanted to get revenge on him but unfortunately (spoiler alert) he is not in the game for all of it which to me felt like a let a down.

All in all though a good game.
I'm finding MSAA to be retardedly demanding on the CPU, Your on a 3930k nuff said.
Old 23-01-13, 12:09 AM
OC3D Crew

I have actually uninstalled the game and I haven't even covered half of the story. Boooriiiing!
GFX: Sapphire HD3870x2 857/1053
RAM: 2x2Gb Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHZ 1,65 V
PSU: Inter-Tech SL-700 700W