Go Back   OC3D Forums
View Single Post
Old 15-02-17, 03:49 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Lol, the irony is, everyone doesn't want that kind of tracking, people complain about the data collected by Facebook, Google, Amazon and the like to tailor ads to them.. but that's almost exactly what it's for, directed and targeted advertising.
I have no problem with it. I don't know whether it's tinfoil hat-wearing fear-mongering or whether it's a legitimate concern, but it doesn't bother me. Not every corporation is stealing my soul and selling it to the devil in interest-free chunks. Maybe I'm not being cautious enough, but I just don't keep enough of a hoot. What I don't like is lazy advertising. At least Google and Amazon are pushing the boundaries a little and trying to change things. If it's for the worst at least they didn't just keep throwing crap at the wall hoping it will stick somewhere.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX