Go Back   OC3D Forums
View Single Post
Old 17-02-20, 05:29 PM
News Guru

Small update -

Sorry for the terrible pictures, but I needed this system up and running again ASAP.

I've just transferred the news rig to the new case. No new parts, just a direct transfer. I've realised that I will need to buy a few things to get everything set up properly.

One example is that I don't have many 120mm fans ATM. My old case mostly used 140mm fans, and this case doesn't support that. My CPU cooler also looks very small, as does the graphics card.

I don't plan to replace any of these components immediately, but getting everything inside the case has given me a lot to think about.

Strangely, my Strix soundcard didn't work on this motherboard. Thankfully, after some troubleshooting, I found that the PCIe slot it used was disabled. Had to choose between WiFi and activating this specific PCIe slot, which wasn't a big deal since I don't use motherboard WiFi.

Plans

As stated before, I want to upgrade this system with a PSU shroud. Initially, I will 3D print this with white or black PLA, but I will later hope to sand it down, fill in any layer lines and then paint the part for a better finish. Initially, I will just use the 3D printed part as-is.

I also hope to move the HDD and SSD below the PSU shroud, which should help clean up the build.

I will need to get a USB 3.0 adapter to convert this case's USB 3.0 port into something which can be connected to my motherboard. I'll also see what I can do about blackening the cables of the 600T's stock front panel connections.

Right now, everything is just thrown into the case to get an operating system running as quickly as possible. The next step will be to tidy up the system and acquire the parts I need to start moving forward.