Go Back   OC3D Forums
View Single Post
Old 30-11-13, 07:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite_modder View Post
How long as that PSU been out? Thought it was only this year? Yea I went for overkill on the wattage on purpose. I intend to eventually get a second 780 and have both water cooled, along with the mobo when they bring the blocks out.
Well it's not that old now that I checked it, I thought it was older. Think it was released in the start of 2011. I'm pretty sure you could still watercool SLI cards on the AX860(i). Tom's running an overclocked 3970x and 2x 7970s watercooled in Orca on that PSU.

Guess at least it's silent if the fan never spins up at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite_modder View Post
Person who I talked to about it said they could have different IC's and that it can affect performance a little. Only problem with getting the 32GB kit is that I was thinking of getting the 780Ti instead of the 780. I can afford both right now.
He's probably right, but even if this does happen, you'll probably never even notice (IF you even know at all). I'd personally get the 780 Ti as it's a proper step up from the regular 780.

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23