OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post A Picture of Your Last Purchase (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51377)

AlienALX 25-06-15 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPS (Post 852149)
I wasn't aware that you needed a LiPo for brushless? Personally wasn't keen on getting a LiPo.
(I am very new to the RC scene)



Lol, a 6950 to a 980Ti is a huge upgrade.

Brushless motor means you have to use a brushless ESC (electronic speed controller) and that means lipo.

It cost me about 150 for the controls, batteries, good mains fast charger, controls,receiver and servos. To do that brushless you're looking at least double, if not triple the price.

Eek....

SuB 25-06-15 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vault-Tec (Post 852185)
Brushless motor means you have to use a brushless ESC (electronic speed controller) and that means lipo.

It cost me about 150 for the controls, batteries, good mains fast charger, controls,receiver and servos. To do that brushless you're looking at least double, if not triple the price.

Eek....

But LiPo's are SO much better energy source than NiMH!! purely for the instant'ness of the things.

I'm coming from more of an airsoft background, personally, but I can't see why anyone would choose a NiMH over a LiPo or even a LiFe battery these days? (other than the explosion stuff, but most of that is just common sense and knowing how to use a battery)

Dawelio 25-06-15 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPS (Post 852149)
Lol, a 6950 to a 980Ti is a huge upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalabur50 (Post 852176)
Nice upgrade and no Vault Tech wasn't being sarcastic ;)

Hehe, kinda got that SPS, but nice to get it confirmed by the community :)

Thanks Excalabur50 :)

AlienALX 25-06-15 12:34 PM

Blimey = crikey, crivens, holy faeces... :D

Dawelio 25-06-15 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vault-Tec (Post 852196)
Blimey = crikey, crivens, holy faeces... :D

What I got from Google just now is that it's more used as something bad, like "Blimey, the dog just died", more in the lines of "oh dear"... so kinda tranlasted yours "Blimey, epic upgrade lol" to "Oh dear, epic upgrade lol".

Then it made sense :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPS (Post 852149)
Lol, a 6950 to a 980Ti is a huge upgrade.

Not to blow this out of proportion, but just how much of a huge upgrade is this? :)

AlienALX 25-06-15 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuB (Post 852187)
But LiPo's are SO much better energy source than NiMH!! purely for the instant'ness of the things.

I'm coming from more of an airsoft background, personally, but I can't see why anyone would choose a NiMH over a LiPo or even a LiFe battery these days? (other than the explosion stuff, but most of that is just common sense and knowing how to use a battery)

Basically some decent lipo batteries (what you would need for a car such as the Cat) cost more than everything else you need if you go nimh.

The bottom line dude is that for 360 I've got a fully running Cougar that hauls total ass. Had I gone Cat instead I'd have been looking at double that. And it's not worth it.

SPS 25-06-15 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrazey (Post 852199)
What I got from Google just now is that it's more used as something bad, like "Blimey, the dog just died", more in the lines of "oh dear"... so kinda tranlasted yours "Blimey, epic upgrade lol" to "Oh dear, epic upgrade lol".

Then it made sense :)

Not to blow this out of proportion, but just how much of a huge upgrade is this? :)

It can be used like that or like a really intense "wow".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vault-Tec (Post 852200)
Basically some decent lipo batteries (what you would need for a car such as the Cat) cost more than everything else you need if you go nimh.

The bottom line dude is that for 360 I've got a fully running Cougar that hauls total ass. Had I gone Cat instead I'd have been looking at double that. And it's not worth it.

This one here isn't too much.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ftx-vant...products/40388

AlienALX 25-06-15 01:05 PM

Eww ready to run... It's a decent ish price though for something to just pick up.

Schumacher are in a different league though dude. Billet chassis, all structural parts are real carbon fibre and so on. That thing just reeks plastic.

Honestly - buy a kit and build it yourself. I'll tell you why.. When it breaks (not if, when, and it will) if you built it you will know exactly how to address the problem. Not only that but those RTR cars can be utter sods to get spares for. With my schumacher every part is listed and numbered and the numbers work on websites.

Double post merged - You should know better than this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrazey (Post 852199)
What I got from Google just now is that it's more used as something bad, like "Blimey, the dog just died", more in the lines of "oh dear"... so kinda tranlasted yours "Blimey, epic upgrade lol" to "Oh dear, epic upgrade lol".

Then it made sense :)

Not to blow this out of proportion, but just how much of a huge upgrade is this? :)

You're looking at 4x the performance at least imo.

Dicehunter 25-06-15 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrazey (Post 852199)
Not to blow this out of proportion, but just how much of a huge upgrade is this? :)

Huge, You will be blown away by the performance increase.

Oh and Vault-Tec, Edit your posts, No double posting dude ;)

cooperman 25-06-15 01:15 PM

Quote:

Not to blow this out of proportion, but just how much of a huge upgrade is this? :)
Well just for perspective (and these are not the exact cards in question as the compare bench dosent go back that far in years) but will speak volumes.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1061?vs=1351

http://i.imgur.com/ESF5guP.png


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.