OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post A Picture of Your Last Purchase (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=51377)

looz 02-08-21 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1035067)
As for the legal stuff, It'll eventually blow over, The actual people who did shady stuff will be sued, Fired and new people will be hired, This time next year everyone will be outraged at something brand new or a new virus or world war 3 or some crap.

You're clearly more optimistic than I am, Ubisoft and Riot cases were pretty much swept under the rug and their culture didn't shift at all.

Dicehunter 02-08-21 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looz (Post 1035068)
You're clearly more optimistic than I am, Ubisoft and Riot cases were pretty much swept under the rug and their culture didn't shift at all.

Personally I think full on psych evaluations should be done prior to hiring at these places, Far too many weirdos and whack jobs at these places.

looz 02-08-21 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1035069)
Personally I think full on psych evaluations should be done prior to hiring at these places, Far too many weirdos and whack jobs at these places.

It seems that with Blizzard the company was established by such weirdos.

Tolemac 02-08-21 08:51 AM

Just bought a Yamaha FZ6 may it bring out the 53 year old hooligan in me ;)

Warchild 02-08-21 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1035069)
Personally I think full on psych evaluations should be done prior to hiring at these places, Far too many weirdos and whack jobs at these places.

Frat boy culture can develop over time thought.

Someone who was interesting in joining blizzard for penetration testing, "pentesting" had to endure this

https://www.vice.com/en/article/3aq4...rce=reddit.com

Not sure psych evals would capture the "douche" personalities that evolve.

Dark NighT 02-08-21 09:19 AM

Wrong thread fellas to discuss game dev weirdness ^^

Tolemac 03-08-21 07:05 AM

https://i.imgur.com/rPDggDr.jpg

Damien c 04-08-21 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tolemac (Post 1035087)

Nice.



This is my new purchase

https://i.imgur.com/qcoE1yD.jpg

looz 04-08-21 05:25 PM

Haha, did both Yamaha and GPU cost the same?


Jokes aside, both are awsome fun :)

Warchild 04-08-21 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looz (Post 1035131)
Haha, did both Yamaha and GPU cost the same?


Jokes aside, both are awsome fun :)


As long as he doesnt play New World on the EVGA card :P

looz 04-08-21 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1035134)
As long as he doesnt play New World on the EVGA card :P

Hey, stop that. :lol:

Damien c 05-08-21 02:03 PM

Not playing it, don't really play that type of game.

Damien c 08-08-21 09:44 AM

So decided on the Fractal Define 7 XL case for my system, to cope with the Water Loop.

At the moment it doesn't look great, when I eventually get the block for the GPU or buy a different card with a block already on it, then I will be doing the loop over.

Will probably end up buying a shed load of Hard Tube to practice on a lot before actually attempting a loop, or just find someone who want's to earn a few beer tokens to do it for me as it's something I think I will mess up badly :hehe:

At the moment I know it's overkill for just the CPU but eventually with the GPU added in, I think it will cope nicely with the extra load.

Got the output from the Pump/Res combo currently going through the Motherboard Tray up around the back of the case and then back in near the 8-Pic CPU power plug and in to the CPU block, from the CPU block to the Top Rad and then from the Top Rad to the Front Rad, then back in the the Pump/Res combo.

https://i.imgur.com/HYSvsMc.jpg

I do understand now though why more and more people are going with Hard Tubing and AIO's, because Flexible Tubing is a PITA!!

Good thing though was no leaks so yay, now just got to let it bleed fully over time.

CPU is still going up to 75c which is the limit I have set in the Bios but it's now boosting to 4.45Ghz and staying there on a multi-core workload, compared to the AIO where it was fluctuating between 4.2Ghz and 4.35Ghz.


*EDIT*

Also making a start on the Hard Tube, just ordered this lot.

https://i.imgur.com/SQgqDZ6.png

trawetSluaP 08-08-21 02:07 PM

Downsized my case and to a 5000D and got new fittings/tubing to go for a different colour scheme, well please with the result!

Just need to find an enclosure to fit the Aquaero to.

https://i.imgur.com/TlFdOW9.jpg

Dicehunter 08-08-21 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien c (Post 1035197)


Those fans look great !


Quote:

Originally Posted by trawetSluaP (Post 1035200)


Love the industrial look !

Damien c 09-08-21 08:30 AM

The fans are the Lian-Li Uni SL 120's, they are really nice fan's and easy to install thanks to them "Clicking" together.

Dicehunter 18-08-21 09:12 AM

I went all out with this one.... a coffee grinder that I'm going to use to also grind up peanuts, Walnuts, Almonds etc... a whole £15 !!!


https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SS450_.jpg

Dark NighT 18-08-21 09:28 AM

Haha Grinder mode engaged!!

Enjoy tho!

Warchild 18-08-21 05:13 PM

Not the best choice but given the price drop i found, I was too tempted.

Pure luck on the deal, but sadly my Maximus IX gave up the ghost during a simple TIM replacement. CPU block screws sheered off and no longer made good contact on the CPU :(

Out with the old

https://dlcdnwebimgs.asus.com/gain/1...DEA4/w717/h525

In with the new..ish


https://www.netonnet.no/GetFile/Prod...mal_Large.webp

https://cf-images.dustin.eu/cdn-cgi/...otherboard.jpg

Dawelio 19-08-21 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1035345)
Not the best choice but given the price drop i found, I was too tempted.

Pure luck on the deal, but sadly my Maximus IX gave up the ghost during a simple TIM replacement. CPU block screws sheered off and no longer made good contact on the CPU :(

Out with the old

https://dlcdnwebimgs.asus.com/gain/1...DEA4/w717/h525

In with the new..ish


https://www.netonnet.no/GetFile/Prod...mal_Large.webp

https://cf-images.dustin.eu/cdn-cgi/...otherboard.jpg

In todays market, I donít really see an issue going with Intel. The fact is that theyíve been out longer and have more stability than AMD. They are more reliable in that sense, this is what Iíd like to believe any way.

In the end itís our wallets and the deal it all comes down to, if you got a nice deal on it, whoís to say that itís bad for you? If youíre happy with it, all good :)

Warchild 19-08-21 10:34 AM

It's more to do with me wanting to wait for Alderlake. But since my mobo got damaged I picked up this at a hefty 40% discount. Figured it was a good deal

Dicehunter 20-08-21 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 1035364)
It's more to do with me wanting to wait for Alderlake. But since my mobo got damaged I picked up this at a hefty 40% discount. Figured it was a good deal


Very nice buy, I've had too many weird issues with AMD even on Ryzen 5000, Just odd inconsistencies in performance, Getting the top end "Z" Alderlake when it comes out.

Dawelio 20-08-21 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1035376)
Very nice buy, I've had too many weird issues with AMD even on Ryzen 5000, Just odd inconsistencies in performance, Getting the top end "Z" Alderlake when it comes out.

Really? Such as what if I may ask?Ö

looz 22-08-21 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1035334)
I went all out with this one.... a coffee grinder that I'm going to use to also grind up peanuts, Walnuts, Almonds etc... a whole £15 !!!


https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SS450_.jpg

Good coffee makes daily grind a bit more bearable, good choice. I'm not a coffee snob or anything, but in a single household pre-ground coffee goes a bit rancid by the time I manage to finish the packs.

23RO_UK 23-08-21 01:19 PM

The bits for my rebuild have arrived -

A Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact, 6 x Phanteks T30-120 fans, a be quiet! Silent Loop 2 240 and last but by no means least a Sabrent 1TB Rocket 4 Plus.


https://i.imgur.com/4wuyNvch.jpg

Dawelio 23-08-21 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23RO_UK (Post 1035453)
The bits for my rebuild have arrived -

A Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact, 6 x Phanteks T30-120 fans, a be quiet! Silent Loop 2 240 and last but by no means least a Sabrent 1TB Rocket 4 Plus.


https://i.imgur.com/4wuyNvch.jpg

Great case, you wonít be disappointed :) Just keep in mind to make sure your memory isnít too tall or otherwise it might be difficult to get the AIO in the top (if thatís the chosen spot). I literally had 1-2 mm of space between the two ^_^

23RO_UK 23-08-21 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawelio (Post 1035474)
Great case, you wonít be disappointed :) Just keep in mind to make sure your memory isnít too tall or otherwise it might be difficult to get the AIO in the top (if thatís the chosen spot). I literally had 1-2 mm of space between the two ^_^

What memory are you using? And yes ideally I want the AIO mounted in the roof (I have a pair of Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax on hand I can use as a contingency).

Dawelio 23-08-21 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23RO_UK (Post 1035476)
What memory are you using? And yes ideally I want the AIO mounted in the roof (I have a pair of Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax on hand I can use as a contingency).

G.Skill Trident Z Royals :)

23RO_UK 24-08-21 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawelio (Post 1035477)
G.Skill Trident Z Royals :)

My Patriot's are the same height, thanks for the heads up dude, forewarned is forearmed :)

Dawelio 24-08-21 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23RO_UK (Post 1035484)
My Patriot's are the same height, thanks for the heads up dude, forewarned is forearmed :)

No worries, glad to help out :) Feel free to reach out if any other questions etc might arise!

Dicehunter 27-08-21 11:08 PM

Saw it on offer as B-Grade i.e open box as it was used for testing, Fairly hefty price discount so nabbed it ^_^


https://www.overclockers.co.uk/media...01_750x750.jpghttps://www.overclockers.co.uk/media...01_750x750.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/fzLknD6.jpg
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/media...01_750x750.jpg

KingNosser 27-08-21 11:32 PM

You liked it so much dice you got 4 of them good man :)

Dicehunter 28-08-21 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingNosser (Post 1035590)
You liked it so much dice you got 4 of them good man :)


Only 1 ^_^

Excalabur50 28-08-21 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1035589)

Nice find Dice they're a good card!

Greenback 28-08-21 07:20 AM

Had a mini stroke a few weeks ago and been told I need to change diet and get exercise, changing diet was easy part, but going out I have to need to go out, so I got myself

https://www.amazon.co.uk/images/I/61...AC_SL1500_.jpg

Only other hard bit I had to cut down on Coffee the hardest part of all

Excalabur50 28-08-21 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenback (Post 1035596)
Had a mini stroke a few weeks ago and been told I need to change diet and get exercise, changing diet was easy part, but going out I have to need to go out, so I got myself

https://www.amazon.co.uk/images/I/61...AC_SL1500_.jpg

Only other hard bit I had to cut down on Coffee the hardest part of all

Hope you're doing ok buddy take care of yourself!

Dicehunter 28-08-21 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenback (Post 1035596)
Had a mini stroke a few weeks ago and been told I need to change diet and get exercise, changing diet was easy part, but going out I have to need to go out, so I got myself

https://www.amazon.co.uk/images/I/61...AC_SL1500_.jpg

Only other hard bit I had to cut down on Coffee the hardest part of all


Holy crap bud, I hope you're ok :(

Greenback 28-08-21 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalabur50 (Post 1035597)
Hope you're doing ok buddy take care of yourself!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicehunter (Post 1035598)
Holy crap bud, I hope you're ok :(

I'm all fine, I got lucky in a sense it was just a warning stroke to change my life style in a big way, better food, exercise and not 7 pints of coffee, drink water or squash lose wieght

Dicehunter 28-08-21 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenback (Post 1035603)
I'm all fine, I got lucky in a sense it was just a warning stroke to change my life style in a big way, better food, exercise and not 7 pints of coffee, drink water or squash lose wieght


If you need any help with nutrition or exercise information feel free to send me a message and I'll help :)

Excalabur50 28-08-21 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenback (Post 1035603)
I'm all fine, I got lucky in a sense it was just a warning stroke to change my life style in a big way, better food, exercise and not 7 pints of coffee, drink water or squash lose wieght

Glad to hear that you're ok, and you're taking the warning and making the right choices.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.