Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 12-07-20, 09:40 PM
News Guru

Ubisoft reveals Assassin's Creed Valhalla's release date and 35 minutes of gameplay

Ready to see Assassin's Creed in action?

Read more about Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Old 13-07-20, 12:06 AM
OC3D Crew

It somehow looks worse than Origins and Odyssey.

But at least they're honoring us with the possibility of paying $120 for the privilege of playing the "ultimate edition", which also still includes in-game microtransactions, thank Christ. I don't know what I'd do if my $120 single player experience didn't have in-game microtransactions. I don't even care about performance and optimization. Just let me spend that cash on those sweet, sweet microtransactions. And I really hope they'll incentivise me to spend by making the game grindy as f***.
Old 13-07-20, 12:14 AM
Resident Newb

1 of the main reasons I was looking forward to this is that the composer from the series "Vikings" is doing the music for this but the gameplay looks pretty meh, Just Odyssey with a different theme.

Old 13-07-20, 12:33 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
1 of the main reasons I was looking forward to this is that the composer from the series "Vikings" is doing the music for this but the gameplay looks pretty meh, Just Odyssey with a different theme.
Idk man the combat is definitely far more gory and has at least 10x the amount of animations going on.

The was one of two drawbacks to Odyssey for me. Combat animations were low and made combat repetitive.
Other was conquest battles were cool in theory but made it a one man army "kill x to win". They seemed to have fixed that.

Other than that if it's as good as Odyssey, plot/story/pace/etc, this is an easy 10/10 for me.
Old 13-07-20, 03:47 AM
OC3D Elite

Prince of Persia original trilogy had proper, amazing, beautiful, and challenging gameplay. Getting a new sword, and learning combos. It was pure. And you could fail hard.

Then Assassin's Creed came out and I was disappointed to the bone. What? You can run, and jump by holding one fcking button, and that is it? You just mash one button and he does the fighting alone? Wtf? A blatant copy made for retarded kids. And somehow they have managed to dumb it down more... How?

Fck Vikings I am going to install Prince of Persia Warrior Within and enjoy one of the best games ever made. Dahaka here I come.
Old 13-07-20, 07:01 AM

It never ceases to amaze me with AC games how such mediocre looking visuals can require such high system requirements at max settings...

I bought AC Odyssey a while back and on max settings it looked really,really average but my RTX 2080 was on its knees.
Old 13-07-20, 07:51 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Idk man the combat is definitely far more gory and has at least 10x the amount of animations going on.

The was one of two drawbacks to Odyssey for me. Combat animations were low and made combat repetitive.
Other was conquest battles were cool in theory but made it a one man army "kill x to win". They seemed to have fixed that.

Other than that if it's as good as Odyssey, plot/story/pace/etc, this is an easy 10/10 for me.
Honestly simply couldn't get into Odyssey or even Origins, I've tried multiple times but it's the same thing over and over again, I liked the Ezio saga and then the next one I liked was Syndicate and Unity, Unity being absolutely gorgeous but the others I can't get into no matter how much I try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
It never ceases to amaze me with AC games how such mediocre looking visuals can require such high system requirements at max settings...
I bought AC Odyssey a while back and on max settings it looked really,really average but my RTX 2080 was on its knees.
The only game so far, IMO, To warrant a beastly GPU is Unity, That is 1 gorgeous game, Syndicate was toned down and everything after Syndicate seems to be on the same graphical level i.e meh.

Plus we all know by now that Ubisoft cannot optimise worth a damn.

Old 13-07-20, 08:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Honestly simply couldn't get into Odyssey or even Origins, I've tried multiple times but it's the same thing over and over again, I liked the Ezio saga and then the next one I liked was Syndicate and Unity, Unity being absolutely gorgeous but the others I can't get into no matter how much I try.

The only game so far, IMO, To warrant a beastly GPU is Unity, That is 1 gorgeous game, Syndicate was toned down and everything after Syndicate seems to be on the same graphical level i.e meh.

Plus we all know by now that Ubisoft cannot optimise worth a damn.
Unity was bug ridden and terribly optimised. We all remember the skinless faces issue that created a heaven for meme lovers. Perhaps thats why it was so tough.

I kind of like Origins and Odyssey to a point. But its too repetitive I think. I'll probably check out vikings for the sake of it, but I am not in a rush. I still havent finished Unity or syndicate...
Old 13-07-20, 08:56 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Unity was bug ridden and terribly optimised. We all remember the skinless faces issue that created a heaven for meme lovers. Perhaps thats why it was so tough.

I kind of like Origins and Odyssey to a point. But its too repetitive I think. I'll probably check out vikings for the sake of it, but I am not in a rush. I still havent finished Unity or syndicate...

Oh I agree the bugs were terrible and it is terribly optimised but still a gorgeous game but it too is one I cannot complete, I've fully completed 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations and 3, Played half way through Black Flag and then maybe played 10% of Unity, Rogue, Liberation, Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey, I just get less and less interested with each release.

Old 13-07-20, 09:48 AM
OC3D Crew

I liked Origins because of the setting and the much needed changes to gameplay mechanics. But it got old fast. Odyssey was also kinda fun, but they tried too hard to turn it into an RPG, despite not having any real experience with RPG's, which shows.

Also, these are no longer real Assassin's Creed games. They're just using that IP instead of creating a new one because they're afraid of starting over fresh and having to devise a new marketing strategy for a new IP.

Most of these games are sort of fun, but they're nothing special and they don't deserve the price tag of $120 if you want all the DLC. Their greed knows no bounds. They can't even refrain from putting microtransactions in a fully priced game. That just turns me off completely.

And they're just not very well designed games. These people are so afraid of not catering to every possible type of gamer, that they put all kinds of mechanics into their games in order to have a bit of something for everyone. Their games lack focus and that's just not what game design is about.

AC has become one of those franchises that I would never touch if 75% sales didn't exist.