Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 16-12-19, 07:16 PM
News Guru

AMD brings its FEMFX material physics libraries to GPUOpen

Will next-gen come with more physics focused gaming?

Read more about AMD's FEMFX libraries arriving on GPUOpen.

Old 16-12-19, 07:22 PM
AMD Enthusiast

The best way to get it used is definitely in UE4. Most popular game engine.

The sheer power jump from current gen CPUs and Zen 2 is going to really bring gaming to a new level. Physics and Open World games are going to see massive makeovers.
Old 17-12-19, 02:33 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
The best way to get it used is definitely in UE4. Most popular game engine.

The sheer power jump from current gen CPUs and Zen 2 is going to really bring gaming to a new level. Physics and Open World games are going to see massive makeovers.
See that is my main gripe with consoles. PCs were capable of handling all of that years ago. But because consoles run on hardware that is pretty much outdated on the launch day the whole gaming world is bottlenecked and forced to suffer the pain of console ports for the next decade until they bring the new ones out.

If I had millions apart from financing the recreation of some ancient monument (Knossos palace) like it was long time ago I would hire some proper brains and make an engine that would bring two Titan RTX cards to their knees. No console support, no DX11, just latest and greatest. Full on state of the art graphics. Just to show how powerful hardware actually is. It can be done, just no one wants to be bothered. I wouldn't care if I put every single dime into it and end up living in a skip. It would be money well spent.
Old 17-12-19, 05:10 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
See that is my main gripe with consoles. PCs were capable of handling all of that years ago. But because consoles run on hardware that is pretty much outdated on the launch day the whole gaming world is bottlenecked and forced to suffer the pain of console ports for the next decade until they bring the new ones out.

If I had millions apart from financing the recreation of some ancient monument (Knossos palace) like it was long time ago I would hire some proper brains and make an engine that would bring two Titan RTX cards to their knees. No console support, no DX11, just latest and greatest. Full on state of the art graphics. Just to show how powerful hardware actually is. It can be done, just no one wants to be bothered. I wouldn't care if I put every single dime into it and end up living in a skip. It would be money well spent.
Yet by the time you were done doing that, it would be outdated because more powerful hardware will have emerged alongside new features.

Consoles don't really hold much back. Witcher 3 only happened because of current consoles. Its a futile argument. Yes they make it for the lowest common denominator. BUT thats the big AAA games that are console ports. Not every game is a console port.

If you want to watch state of the art graphics, go watch a movie. Go watch Deadpools opening intro. FULLY CGI.