Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 07-12-18, 02:42 AM
News Guru

Ubisoft Reveals Far Cry New Dawn at The Game Awards

Far Cry 76?

Read more about Far Cry: New Dawn.

Old 07-12-18, 02:46 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Unlike FO76 this'll actually be good and Ubisoft won't get sued over a bag material
Old 07-12-18, 02:50 AM
OC3D Elite

It looks like a cross between Mad Max, Walking Dead and Fallout.

DO WANT.

Old 07-12-18, 04:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Interested. So far that's two game announcements that actually have me a bit stoked, on the same day. Rare!

Old 07-12-18, 07:33 AM

Well as the saying go's - egg's - count - chickens or something like that never know with games these days , as much as i do like a far cry game i still think they need to sort a major flaw out like enemies dont re spawn after you clear out the area leaving the game feeling empty and baron
Old 07-12-18, 08:01 AM
Bettyswollocks

Wait wait wait... so no one is going to pull Ubi apart like they did Bethesda or Blizzard? If anything this is worse, selling you Farcry 5 "again" because this is essentially the same map with assets already in place just re textured or model swapped and a small DLCs worth of vehicles and weapons sprinkled on top.
Old 07-12-18, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Wait wait wait... so no one is going to pull Ubi apart like they did Bethesda or Blizzard? If anything this is worse, selling you Farcry 5 "again" because this is essentially the same map with assets already in place just re textured or model swapped and a small DLCs worth of vehicles and weapons sprinkled on top.
Wasn't that the exact same case with Primal and FC4? I think it's a cheap ripoff, but hey, if it works well, then why not. Also it's not a REAL full price title, although 40€ is still not something I'd consider cheap or DLC.
Old 07-12-18, 09:15 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Well no one pulled Bethesda apart for FO76 until the beta came along and then the world went crazy when the game was released.

Pretty sure once Ubi release this, that is when the critics, heathens, and those who just like to moan will start to speak up.
Old 07-12-18, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Whoah whoah whoah let us make a few things clear here:

1 - the game is only $40 which is better then $60

2 - the map may be the same structure as the map from FC5 however you can't forget that redoing texture / animations / fire / scorch marks / etc for a apocalyptic setting does take a lot of developer effort and time and testing/retesting to make sure it all works as intended.

3 - weapons and vehicles again take time to create / test / retest / etc to make sure they all work as intended.

4 - developer time is money and at $40 bucks for the game with what the trailers have shown us then I consider it a steal...better than $60 haha.

5 - just remember when people bought up the COD: MW reskinned nonsense in bulk because COD: MW and the maps that came along with it for money when they were FREE to start with in the original launch....people are stupid and don't care because for most people it was "cheap enough to not care" (which is a dumb mentality).

Sorry for the long reply and if you're comment was a joke or a funny haha I apologize again
Old 07-12-18, 01:29 PM
OC3D Elite

The graphics in FC5 were amazing and the game was among the best I've played in co op. This is a continuation from FC5, because if you watch closely old "Man bun" is at the end and IIRC he was the only dude you didn't kill.

So if this a full sized expansion of the last game? I don't care. It's better than taking over two years to make an empty map of FO4.

And hey, at least this looks stunning. TBH? I think UBI are holding all of the aces right now. Let's just pray they don't vanish into their own butthole like Bethesda seem to have.

And yes, I will still be playing 76 but I gotta say that right now this and Obsidian's new game have all of my attention.

You would think with Bethesda being as powerful as they are they could knock games out *much* faster than they do. And better too, not using old engines with crud graphics. It makes you wonder (other than sitting in court) what the jeff they have actually been doing.