Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-17, 07:44 AM
News Guru

EVGA announce their new B3 line of affordable PSU

EVGA has announced their new B3 line of affordable PSU, offering 80+ Bronze efficiency and range from prices of $40-85 for 450W-850W models.

Read more on EVGA's B3 line of affordable PSUs.

Old 11-01-17, 08:19 AM
OC3D Elite

Best looking PSU's on the market.
Old 11-01-17, 08:45 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Best looking PSU's on the market.
Well something you like there's a surprise, oh wait it's EVGA

I think the bright orange on the sticker ruins it tbh
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 11-01-17, 08:47 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post

Yep i love nearly all of the EVGA products expect for one, Well now i have been told i'm a fanboy

OFF TOPIC

EVGA show off their new Z270 motherboard and same again EVGA make the best looking motherboards on the market and no RGB LED....YES finally a company who listens to their fan base and not giving in to the RGB hype not like other companies.
Old 11-01-17, 08:58 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

Haha yeah that sticker is a bit "in your face". I forgot I don't see posts from King of Old school. Was wondering when he was going to post and say how good this was. Never mind its a budget PSU. I wonder why we still have bronze efficiency ratings in this day and age.
Old 11-01-17, 09:06 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Haha yeah that sticker is a bit "in your face". I forgot I don't see posts from King of Old school. Was wondering when he was going to post and say how good this was. Never mind its a budget PSU. I wonder why we still have bronze efficiency ratings in this day and age.
Well then if you have me on the ignore list well that's where your going as well.
Old 11-01-17, 09:13 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Yep i love nearly all of the EVGA products expect for one, Well now i have been told i'm a fanboy
Well I have my love for Asus and unless something drastic happens that's not going to change

Quote:
OFF TOPIC

EVGA show off their new Z270 motherboard and same again EVGA make the best looking motherboards on the market and no RGB LED....YES finally a company who listens to their fan base and not giving in to the RGB hype not like other companies.
The Stinger is Meh, can't say i like the red FTW on the FTW board and the pipe on the classified I don't like but we all have different tastes and that's not a bad thing
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 11-01-17, 09:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Asus have the best bioses which to me means best boards. Some of their design choices are a bit iffy but they usually get it right

Manners cost nothing, but a lack of them will cost you everything.
Old 11-01-17, 09:33 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Asus have the best bioses which to me means best boards. Some of their design choices are a bit iffy but they usually get it right
What's going on... I find myself agreeing with you way too much these days haha.

Yep I think the best selling feature for me is a good highly optimised and customisable BIOS. What good is a board that looks good, and overclocks with a mediocre amount when you can't tweak the living hell out of it.

It could be simply that i am just used to the ASUS Bios now. Since each new chipset, the revisions are similar. Allows me to just jump right in and have fun. I tried Gigabyte and also MSi but they felt a little too clunky for me. This was on Z77 though so that's quite some time ago.
Old 11-01-17, 08:13 PM

Quote:

Agreed, but at least most cases now have PSU shrouds hiding them completely. Which thank god because my RM850s yellow sticker would stand out from all the blue in my system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Yep I think the best selling feature for me is a good highly optimised and customisable BIOS. What good is a board that looks good, and overclocks with a mediocre amount when you can't tweak the living hell out of it.

It could be simply that i am just used to the ASUS Bios now. Since each new chipset, the revisions are similar. Allows me to just jump right in and have fun. I tried Gigabyte and also MSi but they felt a little too clunky for me. This was on Z77 though so that's quite some time ago.
Decent BIOS should be the top of a lot of PC builder's requirements, especially if you want to foray into OC territory. I absolutely loathe the BIOS in my MSI board, I tend to just sort it and forget about. It feels like it was an afterthought with how it's designed and such. But that's probably because I've been using Asus boards for years as well

Build Log is now live here!
Ryzen 1700X | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue 3200 MHz | XFX RX 480 8GB
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 2 x 1TB HGST RAID 0 | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Corsair Carbide 400C
Closed Thread