Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 18-09-15, 09:08 AM
News Guru

Study Shows 6th Gen. AMD A-Series APU Cuts Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 50%

A study shows that 6th Gen AMD A-Series APU Cuts Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 50% when compared to previous generation parts.

Read more on AMD's increases in efficiency.

Does this give you more hope for AMD's upcoming Zen architecture?

Old 18-09-15, 09:29 AM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

But the question is, is this due to a very efficient process now, or a poor efficiency previously? Also, how does that stack against other chip manufacturers?
Old 18-09-15, 09:42 AM

Very interesting, now they just have to work on making their CPU's not crap
Old 18-09-15, 10:16 AM
born in a.....

I'm sure if you compared it to a company that used older intel CPUs (such as a sandybridge i3/low end i5) the emissions reduction wouldn't be that great.
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904|240gb+512gb Samsung evo 840| ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 18-09-15, 04:12 PM

Exclamation CO2 Emissions Statistics is Deceptive Marketing Practice

CO2 Emissions can't be calculated from electricity use at the home user level. Power sources vary from different methods and in some areas could be fully supplied by clean energy. For example; a home with it's own solar and wind power that they use for the computer.
Energy Star aids Deceptive Marketing Practices.
http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/03133.html
"Don't use the results of product performance tests and/or testimonials in your advertising unless you are authorized to use them; or if you are authorized to use them, don't distort test results or the scope of testimonials."
-"don't distort test results"

AMD knows very well they are using this info for marketing purpose to sell units of their APUs even though the calculations are entirely suggestive and in no way factual or able to be because each end user has a different power source and that creates and uncontrollable variable that is a primary variable needing to be a controlled and known one to even calculate and end result number.

I think this is just irresponsible of modern Governments to have laws against such things but then never do anything to enforce them unless it is a small business or personal business. We should see more of the Governments applying the law to large companies instead of turning their heads and/or taking bribes and pay-offs to ignore the problem and not enforce against the company.

Also with such lack of many other variables like comparing it to other chips of competitors like other people here have mentioned. How are people to know if it is any better than what they may have, roughly even?
This does not show much effort to do good business practice.
All that is shows is minor cheap deceptive marketing tactics to try and bounce back their company that is taking huge losses and laying off thousands of employees.

Looking out for the end user,
Tefen
Old 19-09-15, 02:14 AM
AMD Enthusiast

^^^

Doesn't matter about whatever it is your spewing about. It consumes less power therefore waste less energy which means you are reducing the amount the plants need to produce. That is what lowers the CO2 emissions.

Also they are producing these chips, the less CO2 they produce while fab'ing these chips the better. It doesn't matter in comparison to anything to be honest. There chips are being improved... so who cares? It's getting better. Even if Intel was 400x ahead of them in this it wouldn't change anything. There products aren't wasting as much energy, that's good for everybody. At least they are trying to improve.. some companies *cough* Ubisoft *cough* should learn from that
Old 19-09-15, 09:08 AM
OC3D Elite

What has Ubisoft to do with that topic
Old 19-09-15, 12:37 PM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC View Post
What has Ubisoft to do with that topic
seconded, what the f have ubisoft got to do with this argument, at all ?
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!