Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery

Old 16-01-13, 05:08 AM
OC3D Elite

Andre's Z77 Personal Rig (Updated)

Hello everyone,

This is my personal system that I have been working on for a couple of months now.

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D

Motherboard: MSI Big Bang Z77 MPOWER

Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K

Cooler: Noctua NH-D14

Graphics: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr

SSD: Samsung 840 Series 250GB

Storage : Seagate Barracuda 3TB

Memory: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 2133 MHz

Power Supply: Corsair AX850

Fans: Noctua NF-P12

Old 16-01-13, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Woah! Cool system! Too bad your ram is blue and the motherboard has a pinch of yellow on it. Doesn't quite match the color scheme!
Are you planning on Crossfire, cuz that AX850 is a bit overkill. (You mention an AX650 in your spec, did you switch it with the 850?)
You could also remove the top HDD cage for looks and airflow =)
The white leds do a perfect job! Dope!
Your cable management is something else dude! Very Good job with that!

Old 16-01-13, 09:53 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness777 View Post
Woah! Cool system! Too bad your ram is blue and the motherboard has a pinch of yellow on it. Doesn't quite match the color scheme!
Are you planning on Crossfire, cuz that AX850 is a bit overkill. (You mention an AX650 in your spec, did you switch it with the 850?)
You could also remove the top HDD cage for looks and airflow =)
The white leds do a perfect job! Dope!
Your cable management is something else dude! Very Good job with that!
I don't think Andre built this with a particular color scheme in mind... if he did, he'd probably pick color components with matching colors. Here he picked parts that he liked the most.

The PSU is not an overkill at all, he always thinks before he does stuff, so that powerful PSU has a specific purpose there. He did mention about adding a twin 7950 to the mix.

Look at that lighting and that cable management, he worked on that for weeks before he came up with that masterpiece.
GFX: Sapphire HD3870x2 857/1053
RAM: 2x2Gb Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHZ 1,65 V
PSU: Inter-Tech SL-700 700W
Old 16-01-13, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness777 View Post
Too bad your ram is blue and the motherboard has a pinch of yellow on it. Doesn't quite match the color scheme!
The LEDs on the motherboard are blue though

Nice build Andre
Old 16-01-13, 01:28 PM
OC3D Elite

My last post in your old thread:
http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthr...645#post603645

Also; in the beginpost here you put the AX650 on your specs list but I'm pretty sure that's an AX850

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 16-01-13, 06:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
My last post in your old thread:
http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthr...645#post603645

Also; in the beginpost here you put the AX650 on your specs list but I'm pretty sure that's an AX850
hey this is just a gallery don't worry i will be posting more on the log shortly and i'll get to your comment

yes the power supply spec is a typo and sure it's a bit overkill for one card. as for the drive bay i never liked the look of it when the top part taken out, i like the look of a solid line leading all the way down the case from the top to bottom. and as far as blue and yellow i think it goes together fine, but i was picking between the sabertooth and mpower when i was picking boards and i ended up going with mpower since i wasn't 100% into the thermal armor on the sabertooth and i wanted an exposed pcb. i agree the yellow on it is a bit odd though, but i think it's fine.

Old 16-01-13, 06:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrevautour View Post
hey this is just a gallery don't worry i will be posting more on the log shortly and i'll get to your comment

yes the power supply spec is a typo and sure it's a bit overkill for one card. as for the drive bay i never liked the look of it when the top part taken out, i like the look of a solid line leading all the way down the case from the top to bottom. and as far as blue and yellow i think it goes together fine[/IMG]
Ooohh sorry, I wasn't looking! My mistake

And I thought so, was just giving ya the heads up so you could change it Bit overkill, but at least you can throw in a second card if you want

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 16-01-13, 06:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Ooohh sorry, I wasn't looking! My mistake

And I thought so, was just giving ya the heads up so you could change it Bit overkill, but at least you can throw in a second card if you want
no problem and sure i get 1200w being really overkill but around 800 i think is fine. i picked it just so i could do most things within reason like add a second card without and issue. i might have picked a 750w if i was picking it again but i'm not fussed about it.

as far as removing the top section of the drive bay i never liked the look of having a hdd cage, then a chunk missing, then the optical cage -- never looked symmetrical to me. i have had it out and didn't notice any difference with temperatures.
Old 16-01-13, 06:28 PM
OC3D Elite

I share your thought on the drive cages but they are mainly hidden behind the side panel anyway. I used to take both out and get an adaptor to mound my HDD and SSD in the 5.25" bays together with an optical drive. I'd only need to use one SATA power cable for all my drives and I like my optical drives as Steam game sare literally double the price compared to my local store

Old 16-01-13, 06:30 PM
Banned

Looks epic dude so tidy