Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 25-03-20, 08:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Oh wicked. I can't see it being tremendously different from the Z tbh. Which I really liked when I had one. I *think* it's the same processor, just much more shielding and better caps etc.

It's only for my headphones any way. I doubt I will connect speakers to the new rig given it's for gaming and VR.

Old 28-03-20, 01:57 PM
OC3D Crew

ZEN 2600,16gb Dimm kit @ 3200mhz, M-ATX mobo and a 500gb ssd....something to do in lock down!
Old 28-03-20, 08:29 PM
OC3D Crew

EMI shielding on soundcards is a fallacy. This is the RME HDSPe AIO professional audio interface I use. No shielding and no boutique parts. Well designed and constructed using quality parts and not a sniff of EMI. It sounds equal or better than the creative cards and the asus essence ST I had previously. It annihilates them for latency and input quality and so it should considering the £500 it costs. (though I imagine a great deal of that is the xilinx FPGA it uses and the sheer number of in/outs and features it supports)

Old 28-03-20, 10:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei View Post
EMI shielding on soundcards is a fallacy. This is the RME HDSPe AIO professional audio interface I use. No shielding and no boutique parts. Well designed and constructed using quality parts and not a sniff of EMI. It sounds equal or better than the creative cards and the asus essence ST I had previously. It annihilates them for latency and input quality and so it should considering the £500 it costs. (though I imagine a great deal of that is the xilinx FPGA it uses and the sheer number of in/outs and features it supports)
Even though it beats consumer soundcards RME HDSPe AIO is considered to be by far the worst RME card. The sound from AIO is really bad compared to their external (read: External) interfaces/converters like Babyface Pro FS, ADI-2 Pro FS, or their Fireface series.

If even the mighty RME cannot pull out a good, clean analog signal from within the PC case that tells you everything you need to know about consumer soundcards. Forget internal cards and buy external solutions. Pretty much anything with external conversion will beat internal cards at the same price range and those way above.

The PC case is just too noisy for a quality analog audio signal.

Internal cards are good if they are fully digital like HDSPe RayDat and then you connect your external converters to it.
Old 29-03-20, 05:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post

Even with a flash GPU will still report correct stuff won't it? Cores etc.

Looks legit:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NVIDIA-Ge...rdt=true&rt=nc

We'll see.
Not sure how much you personally like him, but Linus did a video a while back on a GPU that was from eBay. Turns out it was a fake, the BIOS had been flashed and all sort of things. Programs showed it as a true GPU, yet the actual GPU die was a very old one and couldn’t possibly be what it was marketed at.

I’m not that into this whole area, but just thought I’d give you a heads up though.
Old 29-03-20, 09:02 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Not sure how much you personally like him, but Linus did a video a while back on a GPU that was from eBay. Turns out it was a fake, the BIOS had been flashed and all sort of things. Programs showed it as a true GPU, yet the actual GPU die was a very old one and couldn’t possibly be what it was marketed at.

I’m not that into this whole area, but just thought I’d give you a heads up though.
Thanks, I changed the thermal paste and checked the die it is a genuine 2080 Ti but it's not working properly so it's going back.

Have dropped and risk and ordered a brand new car from a etailer.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 29-03-20, 11:03 AM
OC3D Elite

Managed to find a New (Open Box) 860 EVO from a seller for just a little over £105, about the cost of the QVO model atm if you want it within a couple of weeks. Will run SMART checks to verify it's not used ofc as £30 off for an opened box seems a bit OTT.

But this will help me with a little toy I've got coming in the next few days.
Old 29-03-20, 12:04 PM

Finally moved away from gaming garbage and moved to Varmilo VA88M TKL w/ MX Reds, PBT keycaps and lubed stabilisers, it has zero rattle and it is a dream to type on.

Decided to have a break from using Browns for the past 3 years and try Reds - will be interesting to see how I find them.

Old 29-03-20, 02:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Finally moved away from gaming garbage and moved to Varmilo VA88M TKL w/ MX Reds, PBT keycaps and lubed stabilisers, it has zero rattle and it is a dream to type on.

Decided to have a break from using Browns for the past 3 years and try Reds - will be interesting to see how I find them.

Not sure what you were using previously, but do you prefer keyboards with out an armwrest? For me personally, they have become a bit of an essential to me. Since every keyboard I've own have had it and it has been rather comfortable, felt odd to not have it. That being said, I just haven't found one without, that suited my needs though.
Old 29-03-20, 02:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
Thanks, I changed the thermal paste and checked the die it is a genuine 2080 Ti but it's not working properly so it's going back.

Have dropped and risk and ordered a brand new car from a etailer.
That sucks. TBH the low feedback did worry me, but at least you have Paypal.

Nice keyboard SPS. You can't beat mech.