Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 23-02-17, 01:08 AM
OC3D Elite

The price to performance of these is going to be amazing and the Aussie prices are reasonable too

NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 23-02-17, 01:19 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
OMG that mobo is so good looking! i want it when i buy ryzen after launch.
It is. It was my second choice after the Crosshair. My favorite feautre of the board was the dual M.2. Awesome!
Only feature I wish the new boards had were dual LAN ports
But i am never going for Xfire. So honestly to me, B350 chipset will probably be it for me. I don't need an ATX board for one GPU. I'm waiting for more matx and itx boards before buying. If I buy..(i really want to but priorities and all)
Old 23-02-17, 01:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
I've ordered a Corsair 400C Clear and an MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon. Best one for my budget and I absolutely love the look of it

Its going to be hard parting with my Node 804, love that case
For the first time ever, I actually really like the look of an MSI product

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It is. It was my second choice after the Crosshair. My favorite feautre of the board was the dual M.2. Awesome!
But i am never going for Xfire. So honestly to me, B350 chipset will probably be it for me. I don't need an ATX board for one GPU. I'm waiting for more matx and itx boards before buying. If I buy..(i really want to but priorities and all)
Anyone knows when ITX motherboards will be released?...
Old 23-02-17, 01:34 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
OMG that mobo is so good looking! i want it when i buy ryzen after launch.
I know, fell in love the moment I saw it, will look perfect in my build. I'll let you know what it's like, going to do a log for the build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
That's fair dude. I kinda backed myself up into a corner because I've been gunning for a day one build for so long I've already sold my old parts, so I can't wait terribly long. I may XFire in future depending on whether Polaris cards get a price cut if the Polaris refresh comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post

Same, glad they've dropped the dragon they used to put. I would also like to know when the ITX boards are coming alongside the R5 CPUs, that's all I need to finish my Mrs build
Old 23-02-17, 02:54 AM
Advanced Member

still holding out for an X300 ITX board. I have a SFF build ive been wanting to do for ages
3*140 SR1 Rad
all stuffed in an FD arc midi
Old 23-02-17, 05:13 AM

Ok, I chose my brace o' pistols and ordered the Ryzen 1800X and the Gigabyte Aurus Gaming K7 I don't normally pre order stuff but a couple of things 'allowed' me to do it.

My last rig was a 2600K on a Z77 MSI board. Around 5 years old and OC for most of it. Any new rig is going to upgrade every thing about it so always on a winner there. The main thing though is that last Friday said well the worn MSI Z77 board decided it had had enough and signalled the fact with a small puff of smoke and a burning smell.

Now with it being my birthday in April and old faithful passing, the stars just aligned you see.

My new rig so far

R1800X and Aurus K7, 32 GB of G-Skill Trdent Z 3200 and Corsair 500 Nvme SSD, I'm in for a treat I think. My 980Ti can carry me over a couple of months until the shots are fired with this years graphics cards and I can chop down my credit card bill .
Old 23-02-17, 10:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
The price to performance of these is going to be amazing and the Aussie prices are reasonable too
The pricing is better than some of the websites that said earlier pricing like $200 cheaper than originally.
Old 23-02-17, 01:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post

September with the APUs is my prediction.

Old 23-02-17, 02:27 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
What I found genuinely annoying is the mATX lineup (or lack of). Not a single X370 mATX board up for pre order and the B350 range isn't that great either. Also with the RAM speeds the motherboards say they support, 3200 isn't supported which is my RAM kit out the window immediately
Unless they put the X300 chip in the mATX boards like they're doing for the ITX boards, I am also very disappointed with the lack of mATX form factors.

As for the pricing, I doubt I'll be buying from the UK. If OCUK charges £250 for the Crosshair, Mind Factory in Germany or any large German retailer will be charging €265-270, a significant reduction when currency exchange is processed. Buying from Germany is a lot cheaper than buying from the UK at the moment if Euro is your main currency, and it was a lot worse before the UK left the EU. Five to ten years ago, £250 would be €300. Then when the USD increased and the EURO dropped even further a few years ago, £250 shot up to €350 or more. Now since the UK left the EU it's back down to €300. That's great for me, but even with that it's still cheaper to buy from Germany and stay within the EU.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 23-02-17, 02:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Right now it is all about high end. All 8 core, all more than £300 (not saying that's a bad thing but you are looking at a minimum £500 entry level). That's a lot of money.

So what do the board manus do? sell their most expensive boards first. That's just how it is going to go man. Yeah there are cheaper boards but the emphasis right now is on the dear stuff.

There are a couple of perfectly reasonable MATX boards out there. Gigabyte make a rather nice looking one with a heatsink on the VRM area so it's better than nothing.

Other stuff will follow later, but if you were waiting on ITX then you may have a long wait. I don't think you will see that until September when the APU comes out, and I have a feeling that the cheaper ITX boards will not overclock at all with a 7 series. Just like the Asrock X99 ITX board they will be severely limited on overclocking. Max I ever saw out of a 5820k was 4.2ghz on one of those boards but that was a golden chip that needed very low volts (and thus didn't overload the VRMs causing them to throttle).

Asus et al all know what they are doing and they know the market far better than we do. I've seen a couple of guys on each of the forums I frequent moaning about the lack of ITX boards but they are the minority.

For example some guy on OCUK this morning said "Sod it CBA waiting for the good MATX boards have ordered a Aorus and a new case".