Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Cases & Power

Old 28-12-12, 03:36 PM

Unhappy My New Corsair HX750W is the Deathbringer. (HELP)

I recently bought an entire new build off of newegg, and when it had finally arrived and I got it all assembled, I got a single blip of power, and then nothing but clicks. This after some testing was because it had indeed blown my motherboard.

After further testing, it had claimed two more lives of working Mobos, and I came to the conclusion that this PSU was the Grim Reaper, and I had enabled it's Scythe. I also did the Corsair paperclip test to confirm it's DOA-ness.

Anyway, so now I'm left with a dead PSU, MOBO, and HDD, (the new hard drive is the only thing i've been able to externally test via a friend's external HDD controller and laptop after the Grim killed his rig's mobo), and I don't know if it killed anything else in the process.

So my question is, do I return everything via Newegg except for the CPU Heatsink and Case to be safe? Or do I just RMA the 3 parts I know are dead? I have until January 31st on all the products but the Video Card and HDD, which I only have about 18 days left on.

The build specs are:
i5 3470k 3.4Ghz CPU
ASRock Extreme4 Z77 Mobo
8 GB G-Skill Sniper Series RAM
Gigabyte Radeon 7870 CC'd at 1100Mhz
Corsair HX750W gold PSU
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Heatsink
Thor V2 White Edition Case

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I need to get this RMA process going. I've just been procrastinating taking it all apart and repackaging it. .-.

Old 08-01-13, 06:39 PM

That is some bad luck my friend also i bought a brand new Corsair HX650W Gold. I had seen some great reviews about it and i was anxious to get it in my rig and when i did it was "chirping" like bird and still do, im currently waiting for a RMA papers from the online store where i bought it and they are known for slow RMA:s
Old 08-01-13, 06:51 PM

How did you blow it all? Did you mount the mobo directly to the case or something?
Old 08-01-13, 07:21 PM
OC3D Crew

I think you should first read your warranty certificate. It seems that your other components died cause of the PSU so I think the other (except the PSU) components have to be defective themselves in order to be valid for RMA... I dunno... just read your warranty certificate... might be different in the US
GFX: Sapphire HD3870x2 857/1053
RAM: 2x2Gb Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHZ 1,65 V
PSU: Inter-Tech SL-700 700W
Old 09-01-13, 02:36 AM

So, about a week and a half ago I decided to RMA the MOBO, HDD, and defective PSU. It looks like they've finally hit the turn around state, and they are shipping the new ones back to me.

Hopefully everything works this time. We'll have to see if any of the other parts were affected. This RMA waiting game is grueling I tell you though to say the least.

SPS: No, I had it installed with the proper standoffs in place. I can eliminate the possibility of a short in the motherboard caused by the case because of the results of using the PSU on two other computers, and both of them dying in a similar fashion.
Old 09-01-13, 07:44 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiin View Post
So, about a week and a half ago I decided to RMA the MOBO, HDD, and defective PSU. It looks like they've finally hit the turn around state, and they are shipping the new ones back to me.

Hopefully everything works this time. We'll have to see if any of the other parts were affected. This RMA waiting game is grueling I tell you though to say the least.

SPS: No, I had it installed with the proper standoffs in place. I can eliminate the possibility of a short in the motherboard caused by the case because of the results of using the PSU on two other computers, and both of them dying in a similar fashion.
Glad you got things sorted. It's a bit of bad luck what happend.
GFX: Sapphire HD3870x2 857/1053
RAM: 2x2Gb Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHZ 1,65 V
PSU: Inter-Tech SL-700 700W

Tags
corsair, doa, help me, psu, rma