Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 25-06-19, 11:02 AM
OC3D Elite

They don't have that authority but if the price cuts make market sense then its natural regulatory forces should be forcing e-tailers to mirror the reduction. If somethings overpriced against a competitor, then a reduction in price to the consumer should be necessary to maintain optimal sales output (Sales vs margins). But when a part still sells well enough that its supply is still only barely meeting demand, which seems to be the case with Intels parts thanks partly also to limited supply, then a retailer will see no reason to reduce the price when every single sale is guaranteed either way.

Basically, if Intel want e-tailers to honour the price cuts they need to make sure supply is strong enough too, and that people aren't already willing to buy their chips at the same high prices.

Free market competition only works when people don't treat companies like football teams, basically. Which probably explains why the tech industry is riddled with monopolies and duopolies.

Old 29-06-19, 12:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Actually it was a joke more than me being a pedant. The joys of the internet eh? I did a LMGTFTY on a forum a couple of months ago as a joke and got a ban for being nasty

Context. Something the internet will never have.

It's not the spelling either (now I am being pedantic )

You either have a shelf (singular) or plural shelves. The word shelfs doesn't exist.

/pedant mode off.
You're totally right, it is hard to read context online sometimes so apologies if you thought I was putting you under fire, definitely not my intention dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
OC3D, GN, and Hardware Unboxed are my holy trinity of reviewers. PH is more of a relaxed, fun channel. There is no proper scientific method in his testings.
Agreed on PH, I think I just like the more relaxed flow of his videos.
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K 4.5Ghz, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Old 29-06-19, 12:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
You either have a shelf (singular) or plural shelves. The word shelfs doesn't exist.
Now it does
Old 29-06-19, 01:30 PM
OC3D Elite

That's actually kinda true, English isn't a prescriptive language, dictionaries in English are meant to document the most common use of language, not pre-define it, which is why spellings & definitions & meanings change yearly. Technically anything that is reliably comprehensible by another English speaker is valid English, basically, just not strictly formal English. Linguistic prescriptivism is a good teaching mechanism but it's not an absolute for almost all languages including English.

The French tried it for a while, didn't work too well, our brains are great at manipulating language into more effective or compressed forms.