Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 22-06-19, 12:55 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I don't quite know how to break it to him that I have a Jewish background
Have you ever seen this movie?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247199/

Strong stuff. Basically he hates Jews, is a complete nazi but hides the secret he's Jewish.

He has like an emotional battle with himself, very good movie.

Old 22-06-19, 05:51 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Anybody game on Linux? Do you have to use SteamOS or Ubuntu? I'm just doing research as I am curious and it seems the previous two I stated and Fedora seem to be the most popular.

Can you use any distro based off Ubuntu and it should work? Like Zorin or Pop! or Mint?

Started using Zorin OS on my laptop, just for internet browsing then I got a random idea in my head and started doing research. Glad I did because many games I play run on Linux. Such as Total War(basically all of them) and Civilization V. Or if anybody has used Zorin and it's WINE compatibility layer that would be useful information too
Old 23-06-19, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

In principal, so long as the repositories are there, you should be able to use any debian based distro. (ubuntu is based off debian) I played a few steam games using opensuse a couple of years ago, but they were basic source engine games as I didn't have a modern gpu in that system.

Old 23-06-19, 08:58 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Anybody game on Linux? Do you have to use SteamOS or Ubuntu? I'm just doing research as I am curious and it seems the previous two I stated and Fedora seem to be the most popular.

Can you use any distro based off Ubuntu and it should work? Like Zorin or Pop! or Mint?

Started using Zorin OS on my laptop, just for internet browsing then I got a random idea in my head and started doing research. Glad I did because many games I play run on Linux. Such as Total War(basically all of them) and Civilization V. Or if anybody has used Zorin and it's WINE compatibility layer that would be useful information too
Fedora is for those that are more advanced. It is one of my favorite distros. You can do anything, but YOU need to do it. The community is also tough veterans who expect you to know stuff. I would recommend Pop! to anyone who wants to game on linux. It is setup so that your life is much easier when you try to install and run games. It gets updates very fast.

For anything linux search or ask on https://forum.level1techs.com/. Gods reside there.
Old 25-06-19, 04:13 PM
OC3D Elite

Pretty neat article from a Finnish website, it's obviously in an alien language but the charts are multilingual.

Essentially a round-up of some popular GPUs from last 7 years. If the GPUs didn't maintain 60fps avg with 55fps for 99. percentile, settings were dropped. Tests were ran on 2560x1440 first, and they accepted medium graphics on that resolution. If the GPU didn't achieve 1440p medium, they dropped to 1080p.

CSGO tests were an exception, and that was 1080p low for all cards.

https://www.io-tech.fi/artikkelit/su...s-radeon-2019/
Old 28-06-19, 02:36 PM
OC3D Elite

OMFG!!! I have never seen something this glorious!!! Img form GGF

Old 04-07-19, 09:35 PM
OC3D Elite

I must say that was a good watch. I skipped a lot of it, but the summary is bob on. AMD *are* taking the pee.

Like I said in another thread though, that has backfired on them pretty badly. They now need to drop Navi's price. Whether they will drop it as low as the 6 series should have been? only time will tell I guess.

I am so glad I don't need a GPU right now.

Old 04-07-19, 09:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post

I must say that was a good watch. I skipped a lot of it, but the summary is bob on. AMD *are* taking the pee.

Like I said in another thread though, that has backfired on them pretty badly. They now need to drop Navi's price. Whether they will drop it as low as the 6 series should have been? only time will tell I guess.

I am so glad I don't need a GPU right now.
AMD? not seen the video, but you mean nvidia right?
Old 04-07-19, 10:08 PM
OC3D Elite

To be honest I've found AdoredTV to be pretty off the mark generally, all their Navi and Zen2 leaks ended up being incorrect, and the analysis and speculation is often a little wacky and he always seems to conclude that tech companies are constantly U-turning on decisions within weeks to justify his past speculation which just isn't really possible. And while I don't dislike long content by default or rambling if it's a broad topic it's genuinely impressive how this guy can stretch 3 minutes of content across a 30 minute video so consistently with constant (Often self-congratulatory regarding past stuff he's said) back and forth narrative.
Old 04-07-19, 11:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
To be honest I've found AdoredTV to be pretty off the mark generally, all their Navi and Zen2 leaks ended up being incorrect, and the analysis and speculation is often a little wacky and he always seems to conclude that tech companies are constantly U-turning on decisions within weeks to justify his past speculation which just isn't really possible. And while I don't dislike long content by default or rambling if it's a broad topic it's genuinely impressive how this guy can stretch 3 minutes of content across a 30 minute video so consistently with constant (Often self-congratulatory regarding past stuff he's said) back and forth narrative.
I'll agree he needs some beans for his waffle.

But.

Apparently Navi is shrunken Polaris which means it should have been the 600 series and thus the leaked info should have been correct *if* Nvidia had not once again raised prices to beyond stupid. But they did, and that gave AMD a chance to basically extract the urine.

However he's right. Nvidia have totally scuppered their ideas with the Super series and now AMD are left looking like penises.

He's also right about it totally not being worth buying an AMD GPU and actually recommends Nvidia over AMD. That is how poorly AMD have conducted themselves.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk