Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 16-04-21, 04:15 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
GPU memory latency is pretty interesting stuff I haven't seen measurements of before:

https://chipsandcheese.com/2021/04/1...emory-latency/
This was really cool thanks for sharing was very interesting.

Old 19-04-21, 05:28 PM
Resident Newb

Any Stargate SG1 fans in the house ? Fan made project which has been going on for several years now, Stargate Network by a team in France, 10 people total, Recently updated to Unreal Engine 4, Thousands of hours of footage have been referenced, Sounds recorded etc... this is a real labour of love.

Many actors from SG1, Atlantis and Universe have tried it, All have said MGM NEED to do something with the Stargate IP.

It's being updated all the time, Eventually they want to have the gate vortex opening graphic exactly like the show.

My upload speed is only 1Mbps so anything higher than 720P and 1000Kbps would've taken a day to upload.

Try it yourself, Download is roughly 3GB.

https://www.stargate-network.net/en/
Old 20-04-21, 07:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Any Stargate SG1 fans in the house ? Fan made project which has been going on for several years now, Stargate Network by a team in France, 10 people total, Recently updated to Unreal Engine 4, Thousands of hours of footage have been referenced, Sounds recorded etc... this is a real labour of love.

Many actors from SG1, Atlantis and Universe have tried it, All have said MGM NEED to do something with the Stargate IP.

It's being updated all the time, Eventually they want to have the gate vortex opening graphic exactly like the show.

My upload speed is only 1Mbps so anything higher than 720P and 1000Kbps would've taken a day to upload.

Try it yourself, Download is roughly 3GB.

https://www.stargate-network.net/en/
I think if they tried it could never live up to the hype or expectations, t would have to be a complete new cast of characters, somethings are better left alone imo.
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 20-04-21, 08:44 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
I think if they tried it could never live up to the hype or expectations, t would have to be a complete new cast of characters, somethings are better left alone imo.

It's very doable, Decent characters, Decent story, The majority involved in the multiple Stargate series have said they wanted to do so much more but MGM stopped them at every avenue, SG1, Atlantis and Universe were meant to keep going for years but the people at MGM are genuinely insane, They make some amazingly psycho decisions, Even going back many years before Stargate was a thing MGM were known to make incredibly stupid decisions.
Old 21-04-21, 07:41 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
It's very doable, Decent characters, Decent story, The majority involved in the multiple Stargate series have said they wanted to do so much more but MGM stopped them at every avenue, SG1, Atlantis and Universe were meant to keep going for years but the people at MGM are genuinely insane, They make some amazingly psycho decisions, Even going back many years before Stargate was a thing MGM were known to make incredibly stupid decisions.
most stopped due to expenses. Same goes for Firefly and Terranova. Both had potential for an amazing new world and story telling, but the cast were costly.
Old 21-04-21, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
most stopped due to expenses. Same goes for Firefly and Terranova. Both had potential for an amazing new world and story telling, but the cast were costly.
Firefly was doomed because Fox aired the episodes out of order. They started at episode 3 because it had more action and thought people would be hooked. Instead, people tuning into the premier were confused and didn't watch more. I don't think it had anything to do with cast costs. Most of them were unknown at the time AFAIK.

Old 28-04-21, 11:12 AM
Resident Newb

Taken with my potato camera, LG Nano IPS 160Hz G-Sync etc nicely setup, The colours on this thing are gorgeous and responsiveness is stupidly fast.

Old 28-04-21, 12:01 PM
OC3D Elite

BTw Dice

You mentioned a game about Stargate. I read there was one being designed as an MMO but was cancelled due to budget. Shame because the world could have been huge.
Old 28-04-21, 04:19 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
BTw Dice

You mentioned a game about Stargate. I read there was one being designed as an MMO but was cancelled due to budget. Shame because the world could have been huge.
Yep, Stargate Worlds by Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment, I was signed up to be part of the alpha and beta test team, It was quite far along in development when they ran out of funds and MGM wouldn't help them as MGM at the time were facing financial issues due to MGM being lead by morons, Even to this day.

I got to play, Unofficially, A very small segment of SGW, It was truly fantastic, Initial playable races/factions would've been Tauri, Jaffa and Goa'uld with plans of adding various factions to each and more races/peoples down the line like the Nox, Tolan, Furlings, Serrakin, Asgardian, Ursini, Stragoth, Reol, Unas, Ori and Wraith through successive expansions, There was talk of adding the Alterans AKA the ancients, But they would've been way too powerful.

The base game was pretty fleshed out in terms of being able to add things in and upgrade the engine as time went by, Sadly though financial crisis hit and ever since MGM have put blocks on the IP being used, Why ? No clue, Even the actor who played Sheppard in Atlantis tried to get the rights to Stargate as he had scripts and ideas penned out to continue all 3 x shows i.e SG1, Atlantis and Universe, Nigh on all actors wanted it to happen.

Old 29-04-21, 04:07 PM
OC3D Elite

MGM have the rights to it, but they are doing nothing with it despite loads of us who are fans wanting it to continue.

Personally I want to see them all continue, but I think it would be difficult to continue from the previous story lines, given the events that went on in them, they would have to set it in the distant future I think which will put some fans off.

I would love to see a game for Stargate but without official support it's not going to happen, and which company would you trust to do the series justice because I honestly cannot think of one currently.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk