Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 28-04-21, 08:37 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Almost the same library, and far far FAAAR superior audio quality. If you were rich, they have a HiFi subscription where you get the best you can get for streaming quality and makes spotify sound drab. That is for the true audiophiles though.
Student or military discount helps. I'm not sure if that applies outside the US but I use a friend's student info to get my discount. I pay same price as the cheapest plan for my HiFi. So worth it

Old 28-04-21, 08:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Student or military discount helps. I'm not sure if that applies outside the US but I use a friend's student info to get my discount. I pay same price as the cheapest plan for my HiFi. So worth it
No discount for me, it costs $19.99 a month if i subbed the high end one.
Old 28-04-21, 10:34 AM
Old N Gold

Quote:
With the amount of music I listen to, €20 per month is still cheaper than buying it all individually and having the HDD space to fit it.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 28-04-21, 12:08 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Ah shame. They should offer it outside the US if they offer it inside the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
With the amount of music I listen to, €20 per month is still cheaper than buying it all individually and having the HDD space to fit it.
It is worth remembering spotify later this year is releasing their "HiFi" plan at cd quality I believe they said. So you could wait to try that as well. Idk if they announced pricing yet or availability worldwide.
Old 28-04-21, 07:00 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Ah shame. They should offer it outside the US if they offer it inside the US.

It is worth remembering spotify later this year is releasing their "HiFi" plan at cd quality I believe they said. So you could wait to try that as well. Idk if they announced pricing yet or availability worldwide.
Yeah, I heard about that. I think it's coming to Ireland later this year. I probably will wait for it as I'm already part of the Spotify infrastructure. And as much as I think their app is way too stripped down, I am used to it and have multiple playlists that I like.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 29-04-21, 12:33 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Yeah, I heard about that. I think it's coming to Ireland later this year. I probably will wait for it as I'm already part of the Spotify infrastructure. And as much as I think their app is way too stripped down, I am used to it and have multiple playlists that I like.
The worst part about switching music apps is rebuilding libraries. You'd think a smaller company like Tidal would implement some sort of feature like that to help get people to try and maybe stay in their ecosystem.
Old 29-04-21, 08:39 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
The worst part about switching music apps is rebuilding libraries. You'd think a smaller company like Tidal would implement some sort of feature like that to help get people to try and maybe stay in their ecosystem.
It's the same with note taking apps. I've been a user of Evernote for a decade, but their latest update completely ruined the experience. The company saw a mass exodus of customers and clients so it wasn't just me. But there was no way of transferring notes to a different app. The competitors seemingly had no way of installing a import feature into their apps. The only way to transfer them was manually.
Old 30-04-21, 08:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
There are websites for transferring libraries, but I can't really recommend them as it's a pretty obvious security risk - much like GOG Galaxy 2 plugins. As in, official APIs aren't crafted with easy switching in mind, and as such they utilise your full credentials / session cookie.