Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 07-12-19, 10:26 PM
News Guru

How powerful does your PC need to be to run MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries

Pirhana Games has released the final PC system requirements of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries.

Read more about MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries' PC system requirements.

Old 08-12-19, 02:48 PM
OC3D Elite

I haven't been pumped for a game in quite a while. For this, I am pumped!

Old 08-12-19, 03:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I haven't been pumped for a game in quite a while. For this, I am pumped!
I am waiting on single player since 2002. I really loved old Mech Warrior games.
Old 08-12-19, 07:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
I am waiting on single player since 2002. I really loved old Mech Warrior games.
Yup, me too. As cheesy and awful as most of the story was, the combat and gameplay MORE than made up for it. I wonder how the HOTAS support will be, or are most players KBM these days.

Old 09-12-19, 07:40 AM
OC3D Elite

I've been playing the beta on a 3770k, GTX 980 and it runs pretty well. Of course once you get in to multiplayer it may be different.

Quote:
Yup, me too. As cheesy and awful as most of the story was, the combat and gameplay MORE than made up for it. I wonder how the HOTAS support will be, or are most players KBM these days.
Really loving the single player but a shame it's more MWO than the old MW as far as controls go - joystick is pretty much useless it's all mouse and keyboard orientated. Hopefully they give better support down the track. I'd love to be able to use my HOTAS and rudder pedals for that real immersion.

Old 09-12-19, 07:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I used a hotas on their old games, was a huge improvement given all the movement controls in place. Great fun too. I do hope they continue that support because the Rhino is just made for this
Old 09-12-19, 08:11 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I used a hotas on their old games, was a huge improvement given all the movement controls in place. Great fun too. I do hope they continue that support because the Rhino is just made for this
You can't assign any axis to torso twist or turn left, right, throttle it only wants buttons. My X52 isn't detected at all. Pedals either. I'm really hoping this is just a limitation of the beta. Even MWO has joystick support.

The old MW2,3 and 4 were less precision with joystick but man they were a lot of fun. edit not really less precise but just harder to be precise and quick with the joystick tracking fast movers.

Old 11-12-19, 10:29 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Just loaded up the release version and HOTAS is fully supported. If only I didn't have to work tomorrow....

Old 11-12-19, 10:51 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
Just loaded up the release version and HOTAS is fully supported. If only I didn't have to work tomorrow....
nice. I did see HOTAS bindings need to be done via the ini file though, not ingame. Little odd but I can work with it!
Old 12-12-19, 07:56 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeah considering they already delayed the launch lack of simple detection and bindings is a worry.
I haven't been able to get my x52 to work but I haven't had a lot of time to look at it. Just logged in yesterday and saw the new settings for joysticks were enabled.

Seems to default to Thrustmaster T.1600 and it's hit and miss. Some people have zero issues, some don't work at all.

Absolute joke really considering MW2 and 3 both supported it literally out of the box (they're that old...)

For anyone after the instructions they're in the PDF below.
MW5HotasRemappingDocumentation.pdf