Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-08-20, 01:44 AM
Advanced Member

I've said 80CU's for at least the last 6 months now amd will do far better than many would hope, but when it comes to quality both sides have work to do at times it's not like nvidia didn't have issues with ram on the 2xxx series when they first launched.

key thing is for them to get dxr working well, nvidia have a little lead on that side, but lets face it it's not like there has been mass adoption just yet thou that is coming.

I feel bad for the folks that own a 2xxx card or picked up a 5700xt RVII and such sure at the time they might have been happy, but them cards are going to age fast this time around.

I'd expect a 3060 to be on par with a 2080, but top end navi is going to really give nvidia a run for there money, only need to look at the coming consoles to realise these cards from both sides are not going to be a slouch in performance.

Price is the key part for most people, and 1080p is the most common resolution so while the top end cards and 4k will cost even the mid range will do 4k pretty well so the mid range is the market they want to capture sure the top end sells, but the mid range sells by the bucket loads.

Old 06-08-20, 02:19 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
I want to see a bit more than a good price and drivers this time round. There were mounting pressure issues on the Reference models and huge problems with heat.
Had the world not been rooting for them, they would not have been well received. Imagine your 2080ti was overheating and crashing due to poor mounting pressure, £1200 for something you have to take apart and void your warranty for or roll the dice and get an RMA for a part used/refurbished model that may or may not have the same issue. I want AMD to bring it to Nvidia and start a price war but at the moment Nvidia are still a far better quality and more reliable supplier
Why do people forget about the issues Nvidia also had with their GPU's their launch was anything but smooth with the artifacting and what not, neither of them are perfect, the main thing is are they able to rectify the issues in a timely manner, and I can say that the drivers have improved heaps for my 5700XT since they first launched and Nvidia also got their cards sorted too and this is what counts.
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI Prestige X570 Creation=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=Roccat AIMO 122=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat Kone AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Chasepower Pure Sinewave UPS
Old 08-08-20, 08:52 AM

Normally i’d say prepared to get dissapointed. You Will get x% performance increase but also x/2 price increase. So not much more for your money. X is normally around 20-30%.

However what they have done to CPUs have upset that rule. Question is if they are able to do the same here or not. also Remembering that even when they now offer more total CPU power than ever, the competition is still faster at games.
Old 08-08-20, 10:10 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNo View Post
Normally i’d say prepared to get dissapointed. You Will get x% performance increase but also x/2 price increase. So not much more for your money. X is normally around 20-30%.

However what they have done to CPUs have upset that rule. Question is if they are able to do the same here or not. also Remembering that even when they now offer more total CPU power than ever, the competition is still faster at games.

When they released RDNA 1, AMD said it will be the same as Zen, Each iteration thereafter will be substantial, So here's hoping