Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 04-10-21, 04:57 PM
News Guru

Facebook goes down; taking WhatsApp, Oculus, and Instagram with it

All Facebook services are currently down.

Read more about Facebook's worldwide outage.

Old 04-10-21, 05:24 PM
OC3D Elite

These servers on this site arent exactly doing well. I think I could fly to the country where the servers are held and press the restart button quicker than these threads loading
Old 04-10-21, 05:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Sometimes I just love your articles Mark, absolutely love the last sentence:

Quote:
As today has shown, a single error can take down Facebook's app/service empire, and that shouldn't be the case for one of the world's wealthiest companies.
Old 04-10-21, 07:07 PM
Resident Newb

Oh no all the women taking hundreds of pics of their asses everyday for instagram are going to have to do something with their lives now that these services are down for a while
Old 04-10-21, 08:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Seems like the issue is bigger than expected. There have been posts made on Twitter now that Facebook employees, who are the ones who should investigate the issue, can't enter their building offices due to their badges are offline.

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...00931947892736

Also, not sure if this is legit, since I have no knowledge when it comes to this kind of stuff, but also saw this: https://twitter.com/BenjaminEnfield/...014835213?s=20
Old 04-10-21, 08:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Seems like the issue is bigger than expected. There have been posts made on Twitter now that Facebook employees, who are the ones who should investigate the issue, can't enter their building offices due to their badges are offline.

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...00931947892736

Also, not sure if this is legit, since I have no knowledge when it comes to this kind of stuff, but also saw this: https://twitter.com/BenjaminEnfield/...014835213?s=20
Cant be true. Emergency services need access at all times, even if the world goes offline. There always has to be manual alternatives.
Old 04-10-21, 08:40 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post

They'll have backups, I mean... I genuinely think if Facebook and Instagram were properly down it would be a good thing but they won't be, They'll be back up in either a few hours or a day or so.
Old 04-10-21, 09:12 PM
OC3D Elite

This actually was causing delays in me viewing / browsing OC3D, at least from where I am in Canada. I'm guessing somehow ads are tied in with Facebook here.
/ custom loop
Old 04-10-21, 09:21 PM
Resident Newb

This is coinciding with the Facebook employee Frances Haugen who only recently, A day or so ago, Became a whistleblower after collecting A LOT of incriminating evidence internally from Facebook over a lengthy period of time.

Me thinks FB are trying to scrub the servers, Zuckerturd must be sweating
Old 04-10-21, 09:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Cant be true. Emergency services need access at all times, even if the world goes offline. There always has to be manual alternatives.
While that may be true, like everything else in this, what is basically an obligation in terms of the world, in reality it's a different story.

Emergency services needs access at all times, everywhere basically. I can not tell you how many places lack on this point. Even people are parking their cars on the actual emergency roads and hence blocking the emergency services of ever getting through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
This is coinciding with the Facebook employee Frances Haugen who only recently, A day or so ago, Became a whistleblower after collecting A LOT of incriminating evidence internally from Facebook over a lengthy period of time.

Me thinks FB are trying to scrub the servers, Zuckerturd must be sweating
Hmm, interesting... Did not know about this, but seems like a valid point you've got there.