Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 02-02-21, 11:30 PM
News Guru

A new Battlefield game will launch this year - EA confirms

The game will launch this holiday season and take advantage of next-generation consoles.

Read more about EA's next-generation Battlefield title.

Old 03-02-21, 12:24 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Just wish they brought back Bad Company. Such a great game. Hopefully they actually make a good Battlefield game. Been quite a few years since a good one.
Old 03-02-21, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Just wish they brought back Bad Company. Such a great game. Hopefully they actually make a good Battlefield game. Been quite a few years since a good one.
Bad Company 3 or 2143! All these historical shooters are done for another 10 years or so. Or just remaster BC or 2142, I'd be happy with that.
Old 03-02-21, 08:15 AM

Launches in 2021

..playable state in 2023.
Old 03-02-21, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Launches in 2021

..playable state in 2023.

I think you meant:

Launches in 2021, drops support in 2022....

Old 03-02-21, 03:35 PM
OC3D Elite

While I would really like a modern or futuristic BF game, I don't think i'd get it.
It will priced ridiculously and have microtransactions, It will be most likely be a mostly multiplayer affair with some added battle royale added in, with DLC's it'll probably mean it needs its own hard drive. It'll be a cash drive nothing else. I miss the days where games were developed because the developers had a passion for the game, or the art, or the code or the industry as a whole, not lawyers and accountants who need more money for some reason
Old 03-02-21, 04:13 PM

Bf6

As long as they dont try to use a new version of frostbite and mearly enhance the version from BF5 , they should easily be able to release it this year.
BF5 didnt even have any meaningful microtransactions besides re-skins, and they used the god-awful live service model. If they go back to paid dlc's, we could get tons of content as long as its not all woke.
Everyone is sucking off the live service model , knowing damn well they paid at least 40-60 bucks when some eye catching "neat" new skin was made available, so you either pay 15 bucks for a 4 map , 6 weapon dlc, or 20 bucks for a shinier gun and an irish accent that you only hear on the loading screen.
Personally I cant wait to see the BF5 gunplay mechanics and destruction engine in a near future setting, say 2025ish
Old 03-02-21, 04:56 PM

Battlefield 2 was the best without a doubt, they should do a 'proper' sequal to that unlike BF3 was, BFBC2 was good but not as good as BF2, 3 and 4 where also good. BF1 was alright for a blast now and then and was fun with a few mates. 2142 was not a battlefield game IMHO and was not that good either for the franchise, niether was Hardline, BFV was, unfortunatly a flop and the only BF game i never bought since the franchise began.
Old 03-02-21, 08:36 PM

Quote:
During the company's latest earnings call, EA confirmed that their next Battlefield game would be released later this year, taking advantage of next-generation gaming systems

So they will carry on milking BF5 for all its worth.
Old 03-02-21, 09:39 PM
OC3D Elite

I wonder what Brokenfield it'll be this time, not bought since BF4 Sh#$Show
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 5950X=MSI Prestige X570 Creation=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=Roccat AIMO 122=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat Kone AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=MSI Agility GD60 RGB Mousepad=Chasepower Pure Sinewave UPS