Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 22-03-19, 08:31 PM
OC3D Elite

NSFW, but man it made me laugh.

Old 23-03-19, 12:10 AM
OC3D Elite

God damn it's gotten political up in here.
Old 23-03-19, 12:13 AM
Resident Newb

For a change of pace, Because I said in work around 3 weeks ago "I generally don't like smartphones as they are conversation killers" one of the women has put in a complaint about me being against the staff having phones etc... which I never said.

Seriously, You go against the herd mentality of "muh phones" and all hell breaks loose.

Old 23-03-19, 12:21 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
For a change of pace, Because I said in work around 3 weeks ago "I generally don't like smartphones as they are conversation killers" one of the women has put in a complaint about me being against the staff having phones etc... which I never said.

Seriously, You go against the herd mentality of "muh phones" and all hell breaks loose.

I know right, as soon as you try to make a gentle observation about a true thing, people freak out like you trying to take away something holy.

kinda sad.
Old 23-03-19, 12:26 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
No you wouldn't, you'd be able to apply for settled status. You don't have to be a British citizen to stay in Britain as long as you lived here before 2020.
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu...d-status-means
Thanks for the info, Been here since I was 6, Now 33 so I think I'm safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
I know right, as soon as you try to make a gentle observation about a true thing, people freak out like you trying to take away something holy.

kinda sad.
I have a very basic mobile phone, No internet, No touch screen, No camera, Just text, Phone, The ability to store numbers and an alarm, Somehow this make me weird and according to quite a few people I've interacted with, Other should be wary of someone like me because I don't have a smart phone.

The word "Sheeple" comes to mind.

Old 23-03-19, 12:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post

I have a very basic mobile phone, No internet, No touch screen, No camera, Just text, Phone, The ability to store numbers and an alarm, Somehow this make me weird and according to quite a few people I've interacted with, Other should be wary of someone like me because I don't have a smart phone.

The word "Sheeple" comes to mind.

I applaud you sir, holding out on a basic phone on principle, its a good thing and one i wish more people would do.

I do have a smartphone but its very cheap and i avoid any and all social media where most of this pressure comes from to begin with, but being able to look up stuff or have my spotify playlist with me on the go is kind of a lovely luxury to have.
Old 23-03-19, 12:53 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
I applaud you sir, holding out on a basic phone on principle, its a good thing and one i wish more people would do.

I do have a smartphone but its very cheap and i avoid any and all social media where most of this pressure comes from to begin with, but being able to look up stuff or have my spotify playlist with me on the go is kind of a lovely luxury to have.

If you like them then good for you, That's always been my mindset, But it's the fact that because I have made a choice that doesn't align with the herd I've had people nearly get physically violent with me... because of me NOT wanting a smartphone, Completely insane.

Old 23-03-19, 10:22 PM
OC3D Elite

So Theresa May is soon gone and we're getting an emergency PM in the next 10 days, possible Gove or Hunt. Not sure how they manage to find worse people with each resignation, maybe it's time they let their membership vote for a party leader rather than letting their internal toss fest decide the countries fate every time.

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/s...78320197443585
Old 24-03-19, 12:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
So Theresa May is soon gone and we're getting an emergency PM in the next 10 days, possible Gove or Hunt. Not sure how they manage to find worse people with each resignation, maybe it's time they let their membership vote for a party leader rather than letting their internal toss fest decide the countries fate every time.

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/s...78320197443585
Good, because in all honesty even I was starting to worry.

As every day passed she seemed more and more crazy, determined to Brexit in whatever way or means possible. Honestly, she was starting to scare me, and believe me I have seen it all, being a monthly patient at my local nut shop (the psychs).

I think she seriously lost the plot, and became so encompassed in narcissism she would have seen the entire country collapse into rack and ruin. -edit (dammit man, finish sentences !!) just so that she could win, and say she had done it. It almost reminds me of Hitler, with a fanny.

Old 24-03-19, 01:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Happy Birthday to one of our long time regulars all the best Wraith!
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Soundblaster ZXR

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk