Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #10851  
Old 04-05-20, 03:59 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 14,222
I've got dmr on one of my haro. They're not sealed though. I think they're V8. IIRC the V12 were sealed? God knows.

I smashed my knee in on one lol.

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10852  
Old 04-05-20, 04:55 PM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I've got dmr on one of my haro. They're not sealed though. I think they're V8. IIRC the V12 were sealed? God knows.

I smashed my knee in on one lol.
Both the V8 and V12 are sealed units and have been since 95'
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #10853  
Old 04-05-20, 05:14 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 14,222
Ah OK. I figured there would be a reason why I bought them.



First ride the chain snapped.

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10854  
Old 05-05-20, 03:26 PM
tgrech tgrech is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,917
Managed to get this monitor fairly cheap on eBay.



The stand was abit iffy so I'd planned to mount it on an arm, but turns out my old one has broke a little, so until a new one arrives:
Reply With Quote
  #10855  
Old 05-05-20, 04:30 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 17,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Managed to get this monitor fairly cheap on eBay.



The stand was abit iffy so I'd planned to mount it on an arm, but turns out my old one has broke a little, so until a new one arrives:
That's some solid engineering there. How is the monitor, does it look good? Is it a VA panel?
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #10856  
Old 05-05-20, 04:34 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 14,222
Looks like TN.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Element-G...IAAOSwIYBerudA
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10857  
Old 05-05-20, 05:12 PM
tgrech tgrech is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,917
Yeah it's just a TN panel, looks good straight on even with the bright sun and apparently it's reasonably accurate when calibrated properly, but no ghosting with freesync, no banding, good uniformity of the lighting, nothing really to fault besides the stand (And maybe the weird joystick button to operate the menu)
Reply With Quote
  #10858  
Old 06-05-20, 07:54 AM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
The stand was abit iffy so I'd planned to mount it on an arm, but turns out my old one has broke a little, so until a new one arrives:

What keyboard is that?
Reply With Quote
  #10859  
Old 06-05-20, 11:46 AM
tgrech tgrech is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
What keyboard is that?
Just a Z-88, lots of manufacturers seem to sell complete boards, unfortunately I couldn't tell you which one made/sold mine because I can't read Chinese but it's got Cherry blue clones, slightly clickier audible wise than legit Blue's but almost exactly the same actuation wise. Though online you'll find these "Z-88" 81-key keyboards available with all sorts of switch and lighting combinations(I assume the base is from some common OEM), some really vomity RGB models but also some quite reasonable ones, the keys are removable/swappable too.
Reply With Quote
  #10860  
Old 06-05-20, 12:09 PM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Just a Z-88, lots of manufacturers seem to sell complete boards, unfortunately I couldn't tell you which one made/sold mine because I can't read Chinese but it's got Cherry blue clones, slightly clickier audible wise than legit Blue's but almost exactly the same actuation wise. Though online you'll find these "Z-88" 81-key keyboards available with all sorts of switch and lighting combinations(I assume the base is from some common OEM), some really vomity RGB models but also some quite reasonable ones, the keys are removable/swappable too.

Ah right. I thought it might have been custom at first.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 07:30 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.