Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Sub-Zero Cooling

Old 19-06-05, 01:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Justin this doesnt look good, TOO SLOW normally refers to a lack of refrigerant (as Fatty said) which suggests you have torn the capillary tubing. It can also refer to an electrical problem, but 99% of the problems are caused by tears I hope this is not the case, tears are NOT covered by warranty for obvious reasons.

Old 19-06-05, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

the second i recieved the unit, i turned it on and it said too slow, it didnt even break 10 degrees! it has been like this since i recieved the unit, and may have occured during shipment. All things done to the hose have been gentle and i have no idea how this could have happened!
Old 19-06-05, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

when i turn on the unit all the lights go on, and the compressor goes, the front of the unit says booting, and nothing happens! HELLPPP. Phil, it was never working, even when the head wasnt connected straight out of the box it said too slow. IM pretty sure this is classified as DOA but there is no way for me to prove this, as i could not try it earlier
Old 19-06-05, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

iv concluded that it was broken during shipping (no persons fault) Phil can i claim against amtrak for the repair money?
Old 19-06-05, 07:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Once the unit gets shipped back to phil we can determine weather or not it is user error or broken in shipment there are tell tail signs
Old 19-06-05, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

ok sure, ill get the unit shipped back to phil, hey phil, do you want the lian li kit or the stock kit attached? where do i ship to? what postage service do you recommend? do i include everything that came with the unit?
Old 19-06-05, 08:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Justin we will take this to email/msn rather than the forum but we will get you up and running. Just a question, when you say you "fired her up" the minute you received the unit did you have it attached to a pc or not?
Old 19-06-05, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member

yeh, no attachment but it didnt go cold, took ten mins to get to 10 from 19. So i looked it up in the manual, saw what too slow meant. and put the unit away. Yesterday was the first time i hooked it up, it went to about 7 degrees then shut off.
Old 19-06-05, 09:48 PM
Advanced Member

hey,

on the front of the unit it say "boot loading, wait" all the lights are on at the back.Whats going on?
Old 19-06-05, 09:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Okay that does suggest it is a controller board issue - its not quite as drastic. You may be able to remedy this yourself. What I advise is unpacking the unit, leave in disconnected as such from your cpu but attach the USB to a working pc. Fire the unit up via the mains. Install the software on the working pc and flash the firmware. It sounds like the bios is stuffed. This will fix most of the initial problems. If it doesnt work then I need to take a look at it.