Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 11-07-19, 09:08 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Sorry dude You're right and that's strange cause there's been one for my board for weeks....................
They had a beta out but now it's been taken off the list, so either it's buggy or they have fixed it and getting ready for full release

RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 11-07-19, 07:52 PM
AMD Enthusiast

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14632...s-update-recap

So this was interesting and shows at least for MSI their new BIOS's improve performance on Zen 2 by a decent amount. Would be cool to see in about a month or 2 if we could also see some smaller reviews on new BIOS's as well to see if manufacturers are actually making more stable and better performing BIOS's.
Old 22-07-19, 05:06 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Waiting for this NCase M1 pre order run to start is killing me. They originally said in June, then mid July. It's passed mid July

Also bought 2x120 Noctua NF redux fans and then found out this morning the new verison of the M1 supports 140mms, so I can return those fans and use my Chromax 140's

All I know is it is "soon"
Old 23-07-19, 03:57 PM
OC3D Elite

(Move from quick news)

Also yeah very worrying about Boris, even before the election he was bootlicking Trump while he was directly meddling with British politics so it seems we're back to having a US puppet as a leader. Though this is also the first time a British PM has ever been selected by people other than the general voting populace or their elected representatives(MPs), 90,000 people voted for him(About the size of a small town), the majority of which were past retirement age and living in rural Britain, so completely detached from most of working Britain. Technically in the UK we don't vote for our leaders at all, rather the government, but even so this change in leadership is essentially a change in government too with how many top ministers have resigned rather than face the shame from the wider public of serving under Johnson, and how many policies from the last manifesto(Which still didn't bring the sitting government a majority, meaning he'll be hostage to the fascist DUP who don't particularly like him themselves in order to maintain power) have been thrown out entirely.

If anyones wondering what the short term effects could be for us, likely a significant delay and cost increase for 5G networks would be one of the first effects assuming Johnson goes against expert advise and sides with the American's over Huawei, along with a possible escalation in the Gulf(Leading to a short term rise in oil prices amongst many other things) if he decides to again go against unanimous expert advice and refuses to back the Iranian nuclear deal.
Old 23-07-19, 05:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
(Move from quick news)

Also yeah very worrying about Boris, even before the election he was bootlicking Trump while he was directly meddling with British politics so it seems we're back to having a US puppet as a leader. Though this is also the first time a British PM has ever been selected by people other than the general voting populace or their elected representatives(MPs), 90,000 people voted for him(About the size of a small town), the majority of which were past retirement age and living in rural Britain, so completely detached from most of working Britain. Technically in the UK we don't vote for our leaders at all, rather the government, but even so this change in leadership is essentially a change in government too with how many top ministers have resigned rather than face the shame from the wider public of serving under Johnson, and how many policies from the last manifesto(Which still didn't bring the sitting government a majority, meaning he'll be hostage to the fascist DUP who don't particularly like him themselves in order to maintain power) have been thrown out entirely.

If anyones wondering what the short term effects could be for us, likely a significant delay and cost increase for 5G networks would be one of the first effects assuming Johnson goes against expert advise and sides with the American's over Huawei, along with a possible escalation in the Gulf(Leading to a short term rise in oil prices amongst many other things) if he decides to again go against unanimous expert advice and refuses to back the Iranian nuclear deal.
I actually think its more in line with a long term rise in Oil even with the fall in demand.
Old 23-07-19, 06:13 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Technically in the UK we don't vote for our leaders at all, rather the government

sides with the American's over Huawei
So the government votes a government official into power and you don't like how it turned out? That system just breeds corruption. I would always expect that to happen... Where is your say if you can't support the people you want and the government just votes whoever they want?

And you're misinformed... The US has already eased up on China/Huawei weeks ago...

am curious though how the Brits could be okay with letting the government vote people in?
Old 23-07-19, 06:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
So the government votes a government official into power and you don't like how it turned out? That system just breeds corruption. I would always expect that to happen... Where is your say if you can't support the people you want and the government just votes whoever they want?

am curious though how the Brits could be okay with letting the government vote people in?
That's not what I said/how it works, though it's worth noting our leaders don't have absolute power and can't do anything at all without the support of the majority of elected representatives. Might be worth looking up how parliamentary democracies work as it's a complex thing to gloss over, but essentially we elect a representative for our local area(MP), one of these MPs is the leader of a party, the party who commands a majority in the elected house has power, and their party leader becomes the prime minister. There is no set method for how a party leader is selected, and so how it occurs can be through a number of ways, but the current system for the Conservative/Tory party here is that their own MPs selected a shortlist of two Tory party MPs who then leave the conservative party membership(General public with stated affiliation to the party) to vote on who becomes their party leader(Who just so happens to be the PM in this case), however in this case the Tory party require a £25 donation for affiliation and so it's a very small quite detached community it who have that say. The other major party, the labour party, currently allows their whole membership(which is the largest party membership in Europe), and any affiliated trade unions memberships, to vote on who the leader is, with around 1 Million people in total(Of the 60m in the UK) allowed to vote for Labours leadership election, though of course anyone can sign up to any party at any time. Ultimately who becomes PM is almost always decided by a vote from the general populace in a general election, as it is the party leader for the party who holds the most seats, but this doesn't have to be the case and occasionally as we see now there will be a change in party leader that hasn't been taken to a general election. However it will likely be between weeks and months till we do get another election(They can be called at any time by a number of means including triggering a motion of no confidence in the sitting government, this would be our third election in 4 years). https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49004486

Quote:
And you're misinformed... The US has already eased up on China/Huawei weeks ago...
Nah, publicly ofc they have reduced the firestorm with a small, temporary waver to licensing but the US are still pushing our officials to avoid using Huawei for our already-rolling out 5G networks as stated publicly earlier today. It is currently a known fact that the first major decision Mr Johnson has to make is whether to take US advice on avoiding the use of Huawei infrastructure in 5G networks as our PM's itinerary is public
Old 23-07-19, 06:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post

Trump has backed off on mobile devices. However his Gov are still against non-core system or even core systems from Huawei
Stuff like
PCRF
HLR/VLR
5G stations and devices
Routers and switches and so on.
Old 24-07-19, 12:57 AM
OC3D Elite

I don't think it will matter I foresee another GE before October 31st either remain Tories defecting to lib-dems or voting against their own party in a vote of no confidence parliament aren't going to let us leave the EU it's their retirement home
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 24-07-19, 04:48 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Trump has backed off on mobile devices. However his Gov are still against non-core system or even core systems from Huawei
Stuff like
PCRF
HLR/VLR
5G stations and devices
Routers and switches and so on.
Well, not a bad thing I suppose. Just use a different supplier. Unless Hauwei is the only advanced 5G company out there, then wait. I don't see the reason we need 5G so bad now anyway. It's not like it will extend the internet to more people, it'll only go to the wealthy areas first.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk