Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 05-02-20, 05:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah, the Aventador line are actually all V12's (V10's are kept to entry level models and prototypes, like Gallardo and Huracan's), which is significant because in 5-10 years time there's a good chance Lamborghini might be he only company left making production V12's.

But yeah, great pieces of engineering just with styling that maybe appeals to the wrong crowd (celebs and footballers) nowadays. Though the entry level models are quite close to their (more than worthy) Audi R8 V10 cousins beneath the styling nowadays.

Still, with the choice and quality of modern McLarens I have to agree on that point.

Old 05-02-20, 05:34 PM
OC3D Elite

I'd rather have the Audi tbh.

They're a bit YouTube for me now.

They're also ridiculously wide. I've seen one on UK streets and it looked downright weird.

Old 05-02-20, 05:45 PM
OC3D Elite

McLarens look beautiful, but from what I hear tend to be a much rougher ride than Lambos or Ferraris, especially the Senna. No one in their right mind would want to DD that thing, LOL! I'd love to DD a Ferrari GTC4 Lusso though, that would be heaven. A 'practical' car (in the rich sense), naturally aspirated 700+ HP V12 that makes magical noise and is an absolutely gorgeous BRUTE of an engine!

Alas, I must stick to my Hyundai hatchback, because money!

Back on topic: car-inspired build Tom! It is time! Make it a long one, take as much time as you need, obsess over every detail! You are one of the only people I trust that could do this WITHOUT making it look silly and cheesy.

Old 05-02-20, 06:00 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post

Back on topic: car-inspired build Tom! It is time! Make it a long one, take as much time as you need, obsess over every detail! You are one of the only people I trust that could do this WITHOUT making it look silly and cheesy.
You may be right.......

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 05-02-20, 06:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Alien and I are never wrong, since we're both mental. But seriously, I would love to see you do a build like that, with some proper thought behind it. You are a true car guy in the literal sense, and a true PC geek. There is no one more 'qualified' to do a build like that than you Tom. Proper HQ paint, maybe even some leather wrapping work if you're really ambitious, etc etc. I could see you pulling off something amazing, and truly unique!

Old 05-02-20, 06:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Tom gets obsessive over bolt colours. That's my kind of modder. Someone who spends about a week doing stuff no one will ever notice, just so he knows it's there.

I want to see another Orca. No compromise, no time constraints and no corners cut !

I gotta say as much as I really hate it (it's dirty, hard work and knacks your hands to F) I love it. I can sink myself so deep into it as I am spitting out acrylic dust.

I did some today as it goes. Got all of the parts cut for my GPU diffuser. Was nice to be back in the saddle after over a year.