Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 11-11-10, 05:27 PM

Hey guys,

I recently purchased this Matrix 5870 Platinum. I can not get it to run propperly, With itracker installed it gets really bad sreen tearing ;( I am installing the drivers and software from rog.asus.com I will try and run the CD instead to see if it is the same with older versions of tracker etc..

If I run it with just catalyst it seems to work fine but obviously I can not tweak it as much as Itracker2. Any help is much appreciated !!!

P.S. Love the videos on youtube, Keep up the good work always !! I purchased most of the components I have after watching your reviews, Big Thumbs Up

Old 11-11-10, 05:50 PM
The Guvnor

have you got vsync enabled in your games?

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 11-11-10, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post

have you got vsync enabled in your games?
Haven't even got that far yet, Just in normal windows use its really bad. I forgot to mention I run two monitors(have seen posts about this being common with 2 screens?)
Old 11-11-10, 07:01 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emw79 View Post

Haven't even got that far yet, Just in normal windows use its really bad. I forgot to mention I run two monitors(have seen posts about this being common with 2 screens?)
Ahhh flickers, yeah it is common sadly its because the cards idle speed is too low.

Old 11-11-10, 10:01 PM

Quote:

Ahhh flickers, yeah it is common sadly its because the cards idle speed is too low.
strange thing is now without itracker installed it works fine with only very slight trails when I move web windows around fast. Been running tests without it in 3dmark. score of P22374 3DMarks, Which I am happy with.

I don't know what to do, Should I use I tracker and some how work out a way to increase the idle speed? just using a slight increase in ATI Overdrive at the mo. with no massive flickers and it's bareable.

Either way, I have to thank you mate as no one replied at all on asus's forum or the ROG forum. atleast now I know I don't have a faulty card
Old 11-11-10, 10:18 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emw79 View Post

strange thing is now without itracker installed it works fine with only very slight trails when I move web windows around fast. Been running tests without it in 3dmark. score of P22374 3DMarks, Which I am happy with.

I don't know what to do, Should I use I tracker and some how work out a way to increase the idle speed? just using a slight increase in ATI Overdrive at the mo. with no massive flickers and it's bareable.

Either way, I have to thank you mate as no one replied at all on asus's forum or the ROG forum. atleast now I know I don't have a faulty card
Its a weird one dude, tbh if you can get it to 900core without voltage increases Id leave it there as thats the most Id go to anyways for 24/7

Old 11-11-10, 10:29 PM

Quote:

Its a weird one dude, tbh if you can get it to 900core without voltage increases Id leave it there as thats the most Id go to anyways for 24/7
Ok, cool! It on that roughly now. I am just wondering if I shell out the cash for another one to run my second screen will the problem go away? Seriously, Really do appreciate your response!!!

I do use it often , I am a wheeler guy like you seem to be. so on the weekend's it does get used for a long time