Go Back   OC3D Forums
View Single Post
Old 06-02-15, 12:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
NEVER use Kombuster or anything of the Furmark sort. They damage the hardware and draw an immense amount of power that is far more than you card would ever pull. It'll easily and happily draw another 50watts or more compared to other benchmarks.

Stick with 3dmark or Unigene benchmarks for the GPU and Cinebench or OCCT for the CPU.

and bad driver installs could cause the OS the stutter/freeze. Could be a bad GPU driver install. that would be the first one i would look into
I know but thats exactly why I used it over occt, I wanted to test maximum extreme conditions and if I break it in the process then thats my bad, ran at 70C and around 108% powerdraw all the time so doubt I damaged any caps, mosftets of vrams. but normally would run occt to test psu and cpu.

All drivers are fine, haven't made any changes in at least few months.

---------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
Maybe it's dubstep?
Seriously though - is it only when you're playing music or it happens regardless of what programs or processes are running? Just trying to eliminate some possibilities.
lol :P

but srsly, I found that in most cases it occured when I opened a new tab in chrome while having spotify or youtube.

so far I know its not hardware or drivers and will look into software side of things, starting with changing browser and see how that turns out. I limit most processes I never use + monitor useless junk on startup so that shouldn't be an issue.
MSI Z97 Gaming 7, i7 [email protected], Palit Super Jetstream GTX 980ti, 16GB Corsair Vengence [email protected] 9/10/9/10/26 , Corsair HX850i, NZXT H440 grid+, Corsair H100 Push nff12, AF140 outake 5.6v, 3xsp120 intake 5.6v 250gb 840evo boot, 120gb V300 games, 1tb wd black storage||| 3Dmark score