Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 18-05-21, 02:17 PM
News Guru

Nvidia gives new RTX 3060 Ti, RTX 3070 and RTX 3080 GPUs a mining Nerf

Newly manufactured RTX GPUs will be less appealing to miners.

Read more about Nvidia's LHR series RTX 30 series GPUs.

Old 18-05-21, 02:40 PM

Its a reasonable idea in theory, although if you wanted to mine on off hours to fund your gaming PC its not going to impress much.

Problem still is that the only RRP cards are the FEs, and that means one mad scramble every month for the Scan drop if you want a 3060ti, which is probably the optimum card for price/performance for non 4K gaming.

I don;t think this will help much with that issue.
Old 18-05-21, 08:10 PM

This is actually good news for miners.

1º Because noone will be able to mine more at high profit, which benefits the ones that are already IN.

2º Because obviously, this will deter people from buying this cards for mining, which means no more hashrate added to the pool, which actually means no more difficulty SKYROCKETING ALL THE F*CKING WEEKS.

3º because at the current state of mining, this will also bring prices down for players, since miners are obviously the ones buying almost all the stock available for this cards.

4º This will give more value to our equipment, since it will be the only GPUS profitable and actually usuable for mining (whatever mining may mean in 2022 with the end of ETH mining).

So this is really good news for miners. For new miners wanting to enter, it's a disaster, but since this guys destroy profit for old miners, let's them just fo.
Old 18-05-21, 10:51 PM
AMD Enthusiast

According to Linus and his interviews the majority of cards are going to gamers. Gamers are just hyper inflating prices because they are to materialistic and want them. Its just insane demand for normal supply. So wouldn't say it's exactly "obviously miners"

I'm not sure why a miner would buy right now anyway. Dogecoin being the most talked about right now requires nothing but normal currnecy to get into. Bitcoin requires special ASIC hardware, and Etherum isn't that profitable for mining with card prices being so insanely high. You're better off making a quick buck by day trading.
Old 19-05-21, 08:16 AM
OC3D Elite

I've paid off the price of my RTX 3060 Ti with 3 months of mining (Not constant mining ofc, lots of gaming and that between, basically just been using my GPU as a cheaper to run electric heater at night) so it was definitely still feasible, but yeah Ethereums mining days are numbered, could be only 3 months of Ethereum mining left possible, maybe 9 months tops, and it would be very risky to try this now,

I'm not too surprised a lot of gamers wanted to get in quickly given if you are a "mining aware" gamer you can basically get your new card for free.