Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 10-02-21, 07:18 PM
The Guvnor

ASUS Z590 ROG Maximus XIII Hero Preview

The famous ROG Maximus range has received a new model to go with the new Intel Z590 chipset. Enter the Maximus XIII Hero.

ASUS Z590 ROG Maximus XIII Hero Preview

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 11-02-21, 01:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Hey TTL, this board has 3 video outs (please correct the video with a popup text).

1xHDMI is not the only video output on this board.
We have 3 outputs taking into account the 2x Display Port 1.4

Hope this helps

USB 4 supports Display port 1.4 over USB C which can be achieved with below adaptor or natively with thunderbolt enabled display:

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro...ero-model/spec

Old 11-02-21, 05:18 AM

Asus z590 xiii hero

With the new Z590 XIII HERO shortly hitting retail shelves, many are simply appalled by $500 price-tag. Thus most who are now thinking to upgrade from several generations ago, are looking at the Z490 XII HERO boards to perhaps getting a better $$$ deal. Money these days (WFH) remains a hard swallow. From what I have been hearing, is that the Z490 boards generally all have been plagued with still unresolved Ethernet-Adapter and LAN issues. Example: A new mobo upon install cannot LAN connect, no matter what BIOS updating, cable replacement, driver updating, etc and hours of workarounds are done. Some say it's a Intel 225-V networking chip issue? RMA's abound.

Mobo manufacturer updates suggested that they fixed this problem with a newer Z490 board revision and where shipping these to retail shelves? Googling today however "Z490 Ethernet or LAN problems" show that the issue still persists and as experienced by AMAZON verified buyers and about 100 plus Z490 board purchasers I could quickly find on the Net. So how can one find a Z490 Gigabyte Master or ASUS VII HERO board today that will work 95% or 100% out of the box? And without me having to essentially (RMA) or building my new PC twice just because I want to save a few bucks. Does someone here has a better answer? Thoughts?
(2008) Dell XPS 730x H2C / Dell LGA 775 / i7 Extreme QX9770 3.8GHz / Corsair Dominator 16GB 1600 MHZ DDR3 (4x4) / EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB / H2C DELL Liquid AIO / Creative SX-Fi & Corsair SP2500 Speakers / 2x 1GB WD Velociraptor / (1) Samsung SSD 860 PRO 2TB SATA / 2x Disc BluRay CD/DVD / PSU Dell 1000W / Windows 7 Ultimate / Alien FX Lighting
Old 12-02-21, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sunday View Post
With the new Z590 XIII HERO shortly hitting retail shelves, many are simply appalled by $500 price-tag.
With having (4) M2 slots I gather that ASUS is betting on all present and future storage solutions to be NVMe based. Especially for deep pocket enthusiasts. Or those that could afford to purchase the XIII Hero in the first place. Adios Muchachos and mechanical HDD's. I guess that with about 90% of all current "boot-drives" already being SSD's the rest of the storage coming along is only natural. As the Mandalorian would say: "That is the way."
(2008) Dell XPS 730x H2C / Dell LGA 775 / i7 Extreme QX9770 3.8GHz / Corsair Dominator 16GB 1600 MHZ DDR3 (4x4) / EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB / H2C DELL Liquid AIO / Creative SX-Fi & Corsair SP2500 Speakers / 2x 1GB WD Velociraptor / (1) Samsung SSD 860 PRO 2TB SATA / 2x Disc BluRay CD/DVD / PSU Dell 1000W / Windows 7 Ultimate / Alien FX Lighting