Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 16-09-20, 09:00 PM
News Guru

Sony releases the PlayStation 5's release date and pricing

The console will release on November 19th in the UK.

Read more about Sony's PlayStation 5 release dates and pricing.

Old 16-09-20, 09:09 PM
AMD Enthusiast

The digital version is still a better value than the Series S. With that tiny ssd in the S before you take away the conversion from powers of 1000 to powers of 1024 PLUS the OS, it'll be a pretty small drive for games.

You'll end up needing to get the Xbox Expansion Drive which will cost a pretty penny. So really in the long run it's a weaker console that will need a storage upgrade sooner rather than later, and It'll cost you more.

Ps5 is just a better value long term.

Not to say that it's the best choice for everyone though.
Old 16-09-20, 09:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
The digital version is still a better value than the Series S. With that tiny ssd in the S before you take away the conversion from powers of 1000 to powers of 1024 PLUS the OS, it'll be a pretty small drive for games.

You'll end up needing to get the Xbox Expansion Drive which will cost a pretty penny. So really in the long run it's a weaker console that will need a storage upgrade sooner rather than later, and It'll cost you more.

Ps5 is just a better value long term.

Not to say that it's the best choice for everyone though.
Since you are a PS owner. What is PS Now like? or their game pass equivalent? any idea?.

I tried to use it on PC but the software was buggy.
Old 16-09-20, 09:24 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Don't use PS Now so I couldn't tell you. I just use PS Plus for online play.
Old 16-09-20, 09:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Lot of very good looking games, looks like raytracing is truly mainstream from here on. Every game is gonna have wet floors now.
Old 16-09-20, 10:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Since you are a PS owner. What is PS Now like? or their game pass equivalent? any idea?.

I tried to use it on PC but the software was buggy.
My son had PS now for his birthday, on the ps4 it downloads games, not tried it on PC but as far as I understand it's streaming and not a download like game pass
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 16-09-20, 10:11 PM
Advanced Member

I've used PS now you can download games or stream them it works fairly well tbh the only thing i'd say is it's not as many more recent AAA games as game pass has but it has a lot of games to pick from, really not bad value even when compared to game pass.

I think the PS5 digital is pretty good value, but i can see myself picking the PS5 up at a later date but with the drive to buy 2nd hand games, but if everyone go's and gets the digital version then maybe that won't work so well, time will tell

The prices for the console are more than fair but wait until you see the price of some of the games, demon souls is at 69.99 in the uk seems to be a pretty common price there are some cheaper games but there are also some more expensive games as well, so the digital game prices are going to be similar tbh notice it even on the PS4 as it is now.

Some UK retailers opened up preorders at midnight some have yet to do so but the ones that did sold out on both versions instantly, same old situation as any launch

some people are selling the preorders alone for 100's others are asking 500+ for digital and 800+ for disc version on ebay so it really is the same old thing as any time before, expected but i feel they could have gone about this in a fairer way giving people more time to plan.
Old 17-09-20, 07:30 AM
OC3D Elite

It looks interesting and price wise both are decent, but is it just me or did anyone else see the frame drops, not sure if it was frame drops or just the stream.

If they were frame drops then to me it's a no go, no point in buying something that cannot play the games at the resolution they are targeting if it's always dropping frames.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Old 17-09-20, 08:39 AM

Managed to preorder at Amazon before they went OOS at 0915. Demand is going to be huge.