Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 28-08-20, 03:52 PM
The Guvnor

Mad Catz R.A.T 8+ Adv Gaming Mouse Review

The R.A.T is a very famous design and with the 8+ ADV model Mad Catz have pushed the specifications to the top of the pile.

Mad Catz R.A.T 8+ Adv Gaming Mouse Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 28-08-20, 06:35 PM

Is it reliable?

I had one of the earlier models of this mouse. Can't remember which one exactly. I loved everything about it. Customisation, adjustability, looks.
Sadly it packed up shortly after the warranty ended. I paid a lot of money for it and was extremely happy with my purchase until it died. Should have lasted much longer for the price.
I'm on my second roccat tyon. 1st one didn't die but I had some double clicking. Common issue with this model. Got 2nd one for 29.99 on Black Friday. I wish it was a little bit smaller.
Old 29-08-20, 10:19 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by boria0 View Post
I had one of the earlier models of this mouse. Can't remember which one exactly. I loved everything about it. Customisation, adjustability, looks.
Sadly it packed up shortly after the warranty ended. I paid a lot of money for it and was extremely happy with my purchase until it died. Should have lasted much longer for the price.
I'm on my second roccat tyon. 1st one didn't die but I had some double clicking. Common issue with this model. Got 2nd one for 29.99 on Black Friday. I wish it was a little bit smaller.

I've had 2 of these older models, both of them were really nice in shape, but the internal hardware was crap, esp the mouse switches which for both of mine went bad and one click ended up in being a double click, which is impossible to work with.
Old 29-08-20, 11:07 AM

older one

I have the RAT 7 MMO, it's a great mouse but started double clicking; I'd buy the same again if it was still sold.
Old 30-08-20, 12:41 PM

I'm still on a rat7, about 6 years old now. Nothing I've seen or been able to hold has come close to fitting my hand and awkward grip to replace it with. I had been considering an m65 elite recently as the rat has taken quite a beating the last few months and it's starting to kick off. If I can get one of these in the same matt black I'm sold. I just couldn't do that red, either visually or from my sweaty sweaty hands.
Current Rig:i7 [email protected] w/ Heatkiller IV Pro Pure Copper, ASUS Z270i, 16GB Patriot Viper 4 3400MHz CL16, Zotac GTX 980Ti [email protected]/7804 w/ Custom Copper Watercool Heatkiller IV XL, Samsung 256GB 960 EVO M.2 and 120GB 840 EVO SSD, XSPC Twin DDC Dual Bay Res w/ 2x Laing DDC-1T Plus on watercooled Alphacool Heatmaster II, 2x 240mm Alphacool ST30 w/ EK Furious Vardar EVO fans on watercooled Aquearo 6LT, EKWB Cryofuel Clear, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Dell U2412M, CM Rapid-i w/Browns, R.A.T. 7, Kingston HyperX Cloud
Old 30-08-20, 04:22 PM

Like. Weighty, excellent sensor and specs. Red? I'll be looking at the screen and my hand will be covering it. Lighting? Ditto.
Old 16-09-20, 02:30 PM

I'm looking forward to checking this one out. For years I used the Rat7, it was a good fit for my large hands. Regrettably, there is still no sign of the R.A.T 8+ Adv anywhere here in Toronto Canada.
/ Corsair 32 gigs DDR4 2800MHz /Asus 2080ti/ Asus 2080ti/ Asus Essence STX II / Bryston BHA-1/ Acer Predator 32 inch 4K monitor/7 Corsair 120 Performance Edition fans / 2 Quiet Edition SP120 fans / 1 Quiet Edition AF 140 fans/