Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 16-06-20, 01:00 PM
The Guvnor

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master Review

Finally it's launch day and one of three Gigabyte B550 Motherboards we're looking at today, the Master.

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 17-06-20, 12:13 PM
OC3D Elite

I don't know why Tom is so against 3 NVME Gen 4 full speed drives. I think it is a masterstroke. (pun intended) If it was Gen 3 lanes I would understand. Probably not even 3080Ti/3090 will be able to saturate X8 Gen 4. SLI is dead so why not use those PCI-E lanes for uber-fast storage? Two chipset PCI-E slots will be more than enough for any expansion like 10G or capture card.

If you use 2 GPUs for rendering well then go for another board, but for most people, this is a much better distribution of lanes.
Old 19-06-20, 10:37 AM

Another motherboard release with eye watering prices. B550 is meant to be the knock down cheaper alternative, but they're still pushing out £300 boards!? Mental. B550 lowers the scale of pricing from x570 sure, but am I the only one who thinks we're getting screwed by motherboard manufacturers?
Current Rig:i7 [email protected] w/ Heatkiller IV Pro Pure Copper, ASUS Z270i, 16GB Patriot Viper 4 3400MHz CL16, Zotac GTX 980Ti [email protected]/7804 w/ Custom Copper Watercool Heatkiller IV XL, Samsung 256GB 960 EVO M.2 and 120GB 840 EVO SSD, XSPC Twin DDC Dual Bay Res w/ 2x Laing DDC-1T Plus on watercooled Alphacool Heatmaster II, 2x 240mm Alphacool ST30 w/ EK Furious Vardar EVO fans on watercooled Aquearo 6LT, EKWB Cryofuel Clear, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Dell U2412M, CM Rapid-i w/Browns, R.A.T. 7, Kingston HyperX Cloud
Old 19-06-20, 01:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crapman View Post
Another motherboard release with eye watering prices. B550 is meant to be the knock down cheaper alternative, but they're still pushing out £300 boards!? Mental. B550 lowers the scale of pricing from x570 sure, but am I the only one who thinks we're getting screwed by motherboard manufacturers?
Apparently the traces need to be super clean. Meaning the cost goes up. That is at least what I have heard.

Don't forget that a part of that price is the chipset price also. Like, from AMD. IDK if they charge a license fee like Intel...

Sadly this will just continue, until Intel give them a reason to have to drop.

"We create monsters".