Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 02-09-19, 01:30 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 16,035
ASUS' 43-inch ROG Strix XG438Q 4K 120Hz monitor is now available to pre-order

Need a TV-scale 4K monitor with 120Hz support?



Read more about ASUS' ROG Strix XG438Q 4K monitor becoming available for pre-order.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-09-19, 03:05 PM
Bagpuss Bagpuss is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 130
Why anyone would want to game on a VA panel is beyond me.


No matter how much glitter you put on a turd, it's still a turd.


VA panels are not designed for gaming.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-09-19, 05:47 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Why anyone would want to game on a VA panel is beyond me.


No matter how much glitter you put on a turd, it's still a turd.


VA panels are not designed for gaming.
No panel is "designed for gaming". They are designed to display.

VA panels are faster than IPS, have better contrast by a considerable amount, and have far superior color reproduction than TN panels. The only drawback is viewing angles. Not as bad as TN but not as great as IPS

It's a perfect panel choice for gaming. Outside of super expensive IPS monitors that have a sub 5ms response time it's a great choice.

Most TVs are VA panels and you ever see a modern TV? Because they are bloody beautiful.
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-09-19, 07:44 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
No panel is "designed for gaming". They are designed to display.

VA panels are faster than IPS, have better contrast by a considerable amount, and have far superior color reproduction than TN panels. The only drawback is viewing angles. Not as bad as TN but not as great as IPS

It's a perfect panel choice for gaming. Outside of super expensive IPS monitors that have a sub 5ms response time it's a great choice.

Most TVs are VA panels and you ever see a modern TV? Because they are bloody beautiful.
Do you know if Samsung's QLED TV's use these panels or no?...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-19, 09:37 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Do you know if Samsung's QLED TV's use these panels or no?...
You could just google it? Samsung has a lot of QLED tv's I have no idea which one, especially in your region, you are referring to...
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 08:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.