Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 10-07-19, 10:31 AM
News Guru

ASUS says to expect details on "own design" Navi GPUs in September

Custom Navi may not release as soon as expected.

Read more about ASUS' plans to release "own design" Radeon Navi RX 5700/5700 XT graphics cards.

Old 10-07-19, 11:07 AM
OC3D Elite

I still see the whole Fury type launch happening again.
Old 10-07-19, 11:25 AM
OC3D Elite

Fury launched with custom models on day 1(No reference version available iirc), was just the Fury X that released a month earlier that was only ever available liquid cooled.

If we've got some companies (ASRock and co) who have been showing off custom cards since May with a release date for mid August I'm guessing either there's been issues that have delayed customs, or some companies are just not as quick to turn around designs as others.
Old 10-07-19, 12:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Fury launched with custom models on day 1(No reference version available iirc), was just the Fury X that released a month earlier that was only ever available liquid cooled.

If we've got some companies (ASRock and co) who have been showing off custom cards since May with a release date for mid August I'm guessing either there's been issues that have delayed customs, or some companies are just not as quick to turn around designs as others.
Yeah I made that typo mistake last time too. I meant Fury x.
Old 10-07-19, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Unless there is some unwritten rule by the companies that they will all start selling custom cards at the same time I am inclined to say its a case of some companies haven't put much of an emphasis on AMD's GPUs and thus their custom cards still need work.

This especially seems to be the case if MSI is indeed releasing 7 custom Navi cards in August but for ASUS we will have to wait until September to even get details.
Old 10-07-19, 12:53 PM

I'm only interested on Sapphire cards. The only company that sells only AMD cards, and due to this, receives the best chips and memory modules.

I will buy AMD RX 5700XT nitro+ when they announce them. Ohhh btw, Sapphire is the only one that pushes stock clocks to the max. This happened on VEGA 64 , 56, RX 580 , RX 590, RX 570, RX 560 and RX 550 among others.
Old 10-07-19, 01:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Sapphire also produce all the reference models for AMD, they're not the only AMD exclusive brand in every country though, here we have XFX(AMD exclusive since 09) and PowerColor, maybe a couple others, not sure if Club3D are still going. They'll certainly get the lion share of AMD chips which would have time to market and binning benefits, but the AIB companies can buy memory modules direct from Micron or Samsung for their custom PCB models just like Sapphire do.