Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-06-19, 01:26 PM
News Guru

Nvidia RTX SUPER series launch in mid-July

RTX 20 SUPER series specs leaked

Read more about Nvidia's RTX 20 SUPER series.

Old 13-06-19, 01:51 PM
OC3D Elite

That RTX2060 Super is essentially just an RTX2070 at this point(Now they've removed the artificially gimped memory bus), are these SKUs going to replace the old ones in the same price bracket or are they just here to fill the gaps between NVidia's pricing tiers atm?
Old 13-06-19, 01:58 PM
OC3D Crew

What a great idea! flood the market with more SKU's and make more massively overpriced cards, that worked so well for you last year.
Looking at the way both GPU companies are currently operating I can see clear growth in one and clear decline in the other and this is not going to change whilst Nvidia continue to be both Mcdonalds and Selfridges
Old 13-06-19, 02:48 PM
OC3D Crew

I still can't believe that two years after buying my RX Vega 56, there's still nothing for me to upgrade to with the same amount of cash. I spent £380 two years ago, and there's nothing in Nvidia's line-up that offers better performance at that price.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not holding out hope on AMD's Navi either, but with Nvidia pumping more and more SKU's out constantly you can't help but hope the price/performance ratio might improve at some point.

Maybe the best thing I could buy to improve my performance at this point would be a waterblock?
Old 13-06-19, 04:10 PM
Old N Gold

I know it's early stages and it could be said it's just a rumour, but I'm amazed these are coming out. Last year Nvidia released the most obnoxious architecture and line of cards ever, with never before seen prices and features; and after no more than a year are replacing them with 'SUPER' variants. It's like Apple releasing a limited edition computer stand for $1500 with a tilt feature. Or like Samsung releasing a Galaxy S10 Plus+ with a headphone jack. It's flagship, absurdly high-end products at the top of the stack... that were never actually at the top of the stack. They had 'super' prices, 'super' features, 'super' marketing, but they were never 'THE' super. Maybe I'm seeing too much into things (I probably am), but I feel genuinely upset and disappointed with the PC enthusiast market, at least in the GPU realm where the most fun is...or was.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 13-06-19, 04:44 PM
AMD Enthusiast

It's funny it's leaked after Navi.. trying to get more attention to Nvidia. No surprise. This isn't a leak, it's forcing the game media to report on Nvidia and give them attention. It was by design. Media is forced to write about it for clicks. I hate these so called "leaks and rumors"
Old 13-06-19, 04:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Last time around they replaced their Titan X (Pascal) with the Titan Xp fully unlocked variant about 6 months later.
Old 13-06-19, 05:26 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Last time around they replaced their Titan X (Pascal) with the Titan Xp fully unlocked variant about 6 months later.
Yep. And I still think it was an atrocious move.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 13-06-19, 07:32 PM
OC3D Elite

They do it because they can and the know they will sell
ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 14-06-19, 08:02 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
They do it because they can and the know they will sell
Exactly.

The whole "should i wait for modelX or buy now" thing is a moot comment with Nvidia. Doesnt matter how long you wait, they replace the cards instantly with a better model in a short time frame anyway.