Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 20-05-19, 09:14 AM
News Guru

Huawei has been cut-off from US Chipmakers and the Android OS

The US has declared war on the Chinese technology Giant.

Read more about the US cutting off Huawei from Google Android updates/services and US chipmakers.

Old 20-05-19, 09:28 AM
OC3D Elite

im pretty peeved at this.

Huawei is by far the best phones we have ever had for testing in the office. It allowed us to push towards volte roaming. I even suggested to people to go for the mate 20 pro as its camera was unmatched.

Well now, all qualcomm collaboration has been pulled meaning we need to use Galaxy S10 and that in itself sets us right back. I still can't understand why people think its a good phone.

Thank god I don't pay for any of them or I would be pretty angry at this.
Old 20-05-19, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
im pretty peeved at this.

Huawei is by far the best phones we have ever had for testing in the office. It allowed us to push towards volte roaming. I even suggested to people to go for the mate 20 pro as its camera was unmatched.

Well now, all qualcomm collaboration has been pulled meaning we need to use Galaxy S10 and that in itself sets us right back. I still can't understand why people think its a good phone.

Thank god I don't pay for any of them or I would be pretty angry at this.
This whole thing is idiotic - it won't prove or gain anything, other than more people Hating the US and Trump.
Old 20-05-19, 10:15 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
This whole thing is idiotic - it won't prove or gain anything, other than more people Hating the US and Trump.
We dont hate the US. Its not their fault. But we do hate Trump. He is the reason. He has enforced the embargo effect with US companies.

The moron doesnt even realise how bad he has affected the technology industry.
Old 20-05-19, 10:29 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
We dont hate the US. Its not their fault. But we do hate Trump. He is the reason. He has enforced the embargo effect with US companies.

The moron doesnt even realise how bad he has affected the technology industry.

All the usual screeching leftist trump hate aside, The technology industry will be just fine, If Huawei didn't want to put their business ties with the US in jeopardy they shouldn't have been a proxy for the Chinese government, Stupid games get you stupid prizes.
Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Old 20-05-19, 10:32 AM
OC3D Elite

This can backfire on America so hard. Are they aware that their sole existence is in China's hands (by their own making)? Mild bump in trade relations caused CaseLabs to shut down. Probably many other companies as well. Prices have gone up in US. They are playing with fire.
Old 20-05-19, 10:37 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
All the usual screeching leftist trump hate aside, The technology industry will be just fine, If Huawei didn't want to put their business ties with the US in jeopardy they shouldn't have been a proxy for the Chinese government, Stupid games get you stupid prizes.
It won't be ok.

It has already hit the car industry hard. And look at the inside of a car. Look at the technology embedded in your average dash board. Where do you think it comes from ? yep. China.
Old 20-05-19, 10:44 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
It won't be ok.

It has already hit the car industry hard. And look at the inside of a car. Look at the technology embedded in your average dash board. Where do you think it comes from ? yep. China.

Relying on 1 country that has historically made the cheapest crap for decades is idiotic, Maybe this will force companies to start building in their home countries again instead of outsourcing and building chinesium based products.
Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Old 20-05-19, 10:45 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeah there's 0 proof that the private, employee owned company has ever collaborated with or carried out actions for the Chinese government. In fact, the US governments reasons for assuming this is the case is likely because of how much espionage the US carries out by forcing American private companies to comply to their demands *cough*Cisco*cough*. They know how dirty the game can get and are projecting rather than using evidence.

Dice, China is the manufacturing hub of the world because Western countries wanted cheap labour (globalism is an extension of the US economies reliance on slave labour imo) and made them that. Shenzhen is the new silicon Valley and its far too late for the US to do anything about that. Huawei already design their own SoCs and software, they rely less on the US than the US would on them if the US wants strong 5G infrastructure.

This is America throwing out the concept of free market competition, because they're losing. I guess you could just call it protectionism but this is a big back pedal for the "bastion of the free world" and likely completely unconstitutional and will be revoked.
Old 20-05-19, 11:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Relying on 1 country that has historically made the cheapest crap for decades is idiotic, Maybe this will force companies to start building in their home countries again instead of outsourcing and building chinesium based products.
I get what you are saying. But its not one country, its actually Asia in general (think Malaysia, Taiwan, Indonesia and so on)

But what you are suggesting would never work. Norway would go bankrupt based on that concept. Our salaries completely belittle everyone else. Any company trying to create their own products on a scale like you see with mobile phones, while catering our bloated salaries would see almost 0 profit gained. The only way is to have it made in Asian countries and import back to us. My very own company is slowly employing more and more people working and living in the Baltic countries, so they can avoid paying our high wages.

UK Steel is another example. How many times has the steel works in some towns run into financial trouble? The answer is because UK salaries in the steelwork industry are too high on average. Steel from China is too competitively low so the very own British companies (employing workers on high salaries) manage to subsidise wage expense by purchasing cheap from China.

If Ford, or BMW in UK bought Steel from UK based companies. They would either go under, be forced to lay off 50% of total staff across UK or keep the staff and drop their wages which means staff would walk out.

In a perfect world we would always want to buy in house. However as workers always want more wages and shareholders want more money.. its never going to work.