Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 29-04-19, 10:19 AM
News Guru

AMD's Zen 2 CPU samples reportedly run at around 4.5GHz "generally"

Does this mean higher boost clocks?

Read more about AMD's Zen 2 CPU samples "generally" running at 4.5GHz.

Old 29-04-19, 10:49 AM
Resident Newb

I'm hoping single core performance numbers are closer to an 8700K when we get the final numbers.
Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Old 29-04-19, 11:05 AM
Old N Gold

I haven't upgraded or had any desire to upgrade my system in ages. When Navi and Zen 2 come out later this year, I'm getting an X570 motherboard, a Navi 10 GPU, and an 8-core CPU.

The reason I'd be replacing my X370 motherboard is because of how appalling the software is. After years of it being on the market it still can't boot properly. The BIOS still has major problems. It's infuriating. No updates have permanently fixed them all.

Navi 10 won't likely offer much more performance than my current GTX 1080, but I don't really need more performance. I just want an efficient AMD GPU again. I could possibly sell my GTX 1080 for €250 and only have to put another €50 or so to the Radeon card and have access to Freesync again.

I have no need for anything more 8 cores. I just want higher performance per clock.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 29-04-19, 12:47 PM
OC3D Elite

So nearly popped for a 2700 and Strix B450 yesterday but thought it through and decided the 16 core AM4 is where I should go, as it would be a true "all core" upgrade.

My 14 core Xeon would still kick it's ass MT though which is why I'm waiting, and I would worry about a B450 board having the cajoolies to handle 16 cores.

Old 29-04-19, 10:17 PM

*SO* Excited for Zen2!

I want to get rid of my 7700K so bad!
Old 29-04-19, 10:42 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
I haven't upgraded or had any desire to upgrade my system in ages. When Navi and Zen 2 come out later this year, I'm getting an X570 motherboard, a Navi 10 GPU, and an 8-core CPU.
I'm in the same boat. I hardly ever use my PC anymore. I only just recently started using it more because I am doing school online, other than that I haven't actually sat down and played a game longer than 20 minutes for probably 6 months if not longer.
I'd like to get Zen 2 like you just because I want to support AMD, but really it would just go to waste.
Old 30-04-19, 12:14 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I'm in the same boat. I hardly ever use my PC anymore. I only just recently started using it more because I am doing school online, other than that I haven't actually sat down and played a game longer than 20 minutes for probably 6 months if not longer.
I'd like to get Zen 2 like you just because I want to support AMD, but really it would just go to waste.
Hehe, this basically just says that you've grown up and prioritize more important things in life
Old 30-04-19, 02:30 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Hehe, this basically just says that you've grown up and prioritize more important things in life
More like I lost interest in the PC community. I spend my time programming now rather than playing games.
Old 30-04-19, 07:58 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
More like I lost interest in the PC community. I spend my time programming now rather than playing games.
I hate to tell you this, but doing a job based on a hobby will ruin that hobby. Like, when you make that transition and it becomes work? Yeah, the last thing you'll want to do when you get home is fire up a PC.

It was 7 years before I built another for myself.

Old 30-04-19, 11:16 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeah to be honest I think that disinterest occurs in everyone around 16, I didn't play videogames properly for half a decade from there, you look for more fulfilling stuff to fill your time. Then what Alien said happened, I spent so much time learning about how computers work from the atomic level up to the programming and whatever that I began to lament having to use or fix them in my free time.

So here I am with my FX8320 & HD7870XT rig I built at 15. Luckily I still enjoy programing & system design and I think it'll stay that way, and now many of my friends are many tens of miles away again for a bit gaming has been a nice way to connect now and then, but I've still got far more important stuff to spend money on for a while, but depending on how things go I'd definitely mark down Zen2 and Navi as my next preferential upgrades even if towards to lower end of each scale.